Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am have the smiley face now and going to see if some glue on the backside will stop it from breaking off completely. I don't think the seat position has anything to do with it since it moves with the seat. I just think the metal loop that protrudes from the seat puts pressure on the plastic. It is inevitable that it will happen eventually with these seats.

·
Super Moderator
857 Posts
What year / model do you have?
Did you purchase new or used?
Have you been loyal to your dealership for services?
What is the mileage?
If you answered the above correctly, the dealership might fix it under a "Good Will Adjustment".

·
Super Moderator
857 Posts
Keeping in mind that this is NOT a warranty item.

If you purchased NEW at XYZ Dealership.
If you brought vehicle in for all services to XYZ Dealership.
Then the service manager would see you as a good customer and would likely cover this as a good will adjustment. Acura will ask the service manager why he is doing this and he will need to justify his actions by saying you purchased the vehicle new here and that you spent $2500 in parts and labor since you purchased the vehicle. That gives the service manager the right to give you this repair for free. Purchasing used and only being in once does not. Sorry.

2015 V6 Tech
Used - only owned for 4 months
been to the dealership once for service

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't going to ask them to cover it but you asked so I answered. I was just going to buy the part and have hubby put it in or wait until I need something else done and get everything done at once. He has taken care of all of our vehicles (my old car is 15 years old with 150,000 miles and still runs very well).

·
Super Moderator
857 Posts
Supposedly it's about a $25 part and then about 1.5 hours labor. It's only a cosmetic part. I've seen some people cover it with colored duct tape. Keep in mind that if you do repair it, there is a very high chance it will happen again. Unless you bend the seat frame a bit to avoid contact with this trim part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I HAVE JUST HAD THE SAME ISSUE HAPPENED TO MY 2018 TLX... STARTED AS HAIRLINE crack and has finally the same shape piece of plastic fell to the floorboard. just got off phone and called dealer in arlington, tx said they will replace the first time aroung !!! dah !!! so even in 2018 models has not been fixed !!!!
I HAVE JUST HAD THE SAME ISSUE HAPPENED TO MY 2018 TLX... STARTED AS HAIRLINE crack and has finally the same shape piece of plastic fell to the floorboard. just got off phone and called dealer in arlington, tx said they will replace the first time aroung !!! dah !!! so even in 2018 models has not been fixed !!!!
Acura has reinforced the area where the metal touches the plastic cover. I have mine removed. How were you able to remove lumbar switch cap to insert back into new cover?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I guess the plastic trim around the seat bottom cushion gets more stress with normal use than the Acura engineer expected. A piece of broke off mine this weekend, after 9 months of ownership. It is at a mounting point just above the seat control switches. The broken part of trim has a curved tab which clearly is intended to support the trim on the square metal loop below. I think from repeatedly leaning to the left to reach the open door and close it after getting in, more pressure than anticipated transfers to the plastic, stressing this mounting point.

If I have the part replaced under warranty, I don't want to have it break again after similar use.

I am wondering if I am the first of our members to experience this problem, and if it is known to be a defectively weak part or a recognized design issue.
I have same problem same like urs guys

·
Registered
2015 Acura TLX V6
5 Posts
I bought my car with the owner who had the same issue. my piece is broken as well (purchased it like that). But thanks for the information to bend it and glue/replace.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts