Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

Hunter

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey there Hunter!

Greetings from Northern California. Hope to share some of our experiences with each other. I've learned many things here that are not in print or common knowledge...

Cheers!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hello Hunter snd welcome. Where in Canads if you dont mind me askng?

Any other details - delivery date, options, colour?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum.

Hunter
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first posts.

Please tell us more about you and your thoughts on the TLX. :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome!

That is quite the history of Acura's that you come from, glad to have an Acura loyalist on the forum.

How do you like how Acura transitioned over the years?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
New Guy

Hi,

I live near Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada (east coast).

I bought my first Acura in 2002 after driving fix me uppers and doing repairs in my driveway. First car was a 7 year old Volkswagen golf. Then upgraded to a Mazda Precidia, 1.6 V6 (smallest production V6 at the time). Would get brake fade if you pushed it to much! 2002 1.7 EL had similar performance and power band as precidia.

MY favourite cars so far is the 2009 TLX could push it into the corners and still get good gas mileage, don't know why I got rid of it! Fun fact, 145,000k traded it in, no brake job, paddle shifters are awesome!

2012 TLX had the dreaded oil consumption problem at 28,000k, replaced pistons and rings at 60k and then replaced the "engine" at 90k! $0 cost to us, Thank you Atlantic Acura.

Atlantic Acura has been "Awesome" to us! We had the car in the shop for 16 weeks total and got a loaner for the entire time. Sorry, but I don't see Toyota or Honda doing that.

@typeess just wish they had the technology in the cars before Ford and GM. The TLX in my mid is a big leap for Acura (Honda) to be finally adding technology to their vehicles (this car almost drives itself). Acura just put the technology under the hood and into the drive train, so you couldn't see it. I was waiting for a 2016 RDX, but it's not even going to have the CVT transmission or technology the TLX has. Looks like i'll wait till 2018 ish for an RDX!

We do 40k per year, ish, with lost's of road trips! What, when you have a fun car to drive road trips are fun.

@Alanjm53 we've been to Cali, but not in an Acura. ;)

So, new TLX will be delivered mid May, Graphite Luster V6-Tech. I've already ordered my weathertech floor mats.

That's all for now,
Thank you,
Hunter
(edts ar spelng mistks)

Reactions: Summest

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome Hunter! It certainly sounds like Atlantic Acura looks after its customers.

I'm originally from Halifax and usually go there a few times a year. Looking forward to some pictures when you pick it up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fun fact, Contacted my insurance company yesterday, re new car purchase. My car insurance is going down $100 per year vs the TSX because of all the safety features in the TLX!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Mine went down too from my Veloster. Genesis is still cheapest of the bunch lol.

Would have figured the Si would have been more not less to insure. My Si was prob one of the more expensive ins Ive had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts