Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoying the forum so far so thx to everyone for your posts. I am especially interested in prices paid and comments about driver seat comfort.

·
Registered
181 Posts
As far as pricing, check the forum thread associated with what people paid.
Acura TLX Dealers & Pricing - Acura TLX Forum

I would also recommend kbb and TrueCar to get an idea of current real prices paid in your area. With the 2016 model coming out in the fall, you may see better discounts on the 2015 models if you are not too picky about color/etc. I always like to bargain with the dealer well before I actually want to buy the car just to see what they can do.

As far as seat comfort....In my opinion you have to drive it. I would suggest an extended test drive if possible, or if currently have an Acura and service at dealer, ask for a TLX loaner and drive your commute. Everyone is different and your body/back/legs etc will be different from everyone else. I think that the TLX seats are great, but that is my 52 year old back speaking.

Good luck.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Enjoying the forum so far so thx to everyone for your posts. I am especially interested in prices paid and comments about driver seat comfort.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

You should find a lot of reading material across the sections of the Forum. Use the search tool to focus in on what you want to know about a particular topic. Then browse to learn about other topics.

Please tell us more about what you are looking for in a TLX and also tell us more about you.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The others have pointed you in the right direction for pricing. As for the seat I find it very comfortable but I've seen others complain about it. The only way to know for sure is to try it out.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your thoughts as they are helpful. I live in Portland and see that prices are better in the Seattle market. I will let the local dealer know I am not afraid to drive 180 miles for a much better deal.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts as they are helpful. I live in Portland and see that prices are better in the Seattle market. I will let the local dealer know I am not afraid to drive 180 miles for a much better deal.
I recently came back from vacation in Oregon. Nice state. While in Portland, I attended the Blues Festival on the river and also watched fireworks there on the 4th of July. It was a good trip.

I saw my first blue TLX in Portland. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice! I lived in Beaverton right before moving here. My dealership does a one price guarantee. Now of course our market will be completely different than yours up there, but just for the sake of comparison, our '15 TLX 2.4L Techs go for $33,230 +ttl.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you drive your TLX to Portland? If so, I am curious if you had any road noise issues as our roads are pretty bad on I-5 in the Portland area. Glad you liked our state. There are two seasons in Portland...Summer and Rainy Season...You picked the right time to come for a visit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you haven't done so already, I recommend calling a few dealerships to see their prices on the model that you want. Have them lowball each other. The first dealership I contacted wanted to sell me the TLX V6 tech for around 37000 when MSRP was 39,000. After waiting a week or so I found a dealership that was able to beat the price and gave me the car for 35995. So take your time when you shopping. Patience will save you a lot of $$

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Did you drive your TLX to Portland? If so, I am curious if you had any road noise issues as our roads are pretty bad on I-5 in the Portland area. Glad you liked our state. There are two seasons in Portland...Summer and Rainy Season...You picked the right time to come for a visit.
Hi chasator,

If you are referring to my comments, no I did not drive my TLX. When I go on vacation the TLX, and previous TSXs, usually rests up in the garage. I rented a Toyota of some sort. I put 2,300 miles on the rental just by flying there and traveling through Oregon, Idaho and Washington for two weeks. Weather was nice as well as the scenery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts