Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just picked up my 2015 Acura TLX i4 in Bellanova White. Drives pretty nice, and handles decent for a sport-sedan import. Looks good next to my 2015 Acura MDX as well.

Hope everyone is well!!!

Alex

·
Registered
228 Posts
The two of them look great side-by-side. Great to have you on the forum! Did you trade in a car in order to buy your TLX, or did you just buy it out right.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Loving your cars.

That picture of your white MDX and white TLX on your driveway at night is a perfect picture, one that Acura should feature!

·
Registered
430 Posts
welcome to the show! The new Acura face really does look good. TLX is the first sedan however I prefer it over the RDX/MDX...

congrats on the new car..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks all for the warm welcome!!! To answer some of the above questions, I have actually never owned a Japanese car myself, my wife has. I had to give up the German sports car life because we have a new addition (baby) to our family. My last vehicle I sold was a Porsche 911 Turbo. I wanted to keep it, but it was totally impractical for me to do so. As a result, we all have to grow up at some point and we absolutely love our MDX, so I was convinced by my sales guy to try out the new TLX. I liked the i4 for its quick shifting and high revving characteristics (reminds me of older Acura sports cars like the Type R). Although I have put an order in for the SH - AWD. My sales guy told me the 1st batch won't arrive in Toronto till the end of the year, so I pulled the temporary trigger on the i4.

Anyways here's another day shot of my new TLX, and a photo of my 911.

Again, Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Nice 911.... sweet. I think between the MDX and the TLX, you're all set!

When you say you temporarily pulled the trigger, do you mean you're going to upgrade when they have it, or you settled for the I4?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@ELITE2013 - I've ordered the V6 SH-AWD, was told by the dealer late Nov. Possibly December. As of right now I'm enjoying the i4, TBA, if Acura maybe turbo charged the i4, and opted to give it's customers the option of SH-AWD in the i4 I'd stick with the I4. Either way I'm still enjoying my little rev happy 4-pot!!!

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I've read really good things on the 4 cylinder model.

Are you going to trade it when the AWD model comes in? If so we'll get a really good review of both from an actual owner!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
@ELITE2013 - I've ordered the V6 SH-AWD, was told by the dealer late Nov. Possibly December. As of right now I'm enjoying the i4, TBA, if Acura maybe turbo charged the i4, and opted to give it's customers the option of SH-AWD in the i4 I'd stick with the I4. Either way I'm still enjoying my little rev happy 4-pot!!!
To be honest, the 4 banger would be great, I read great reviews on it. The only thing that prevents me is our HORRIBLE winters here in Montreal and I really like having sh-awd as I currently have on my TL. I can't go back...:(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@ELITE2013 - I agree with you totally. Our winters in Toronto are brutal too, thus my order for the SH-AWD. The 4 banger is great and I will do a write up on it very soon to the TLX community members on this board.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was nice while it lasted...

TLX Enthusiasts,

It was a fun 6 months with the TLX, but you will see my reply to @TLXorNot post that I have returned my TLX, and gone back to BMW. This is a great forum, and I wish everyone the best & enjoyment with their TLX!!

I, unfortunately did not find the TLX to meet my expectations. It is a totally different vehicle from my previous Bavarian motors. I am not insulting the TLX or Acura enthusiasts, but the 'feeling & passion' is definitely not there. It is a great car (TLX) for what its built for, and like all Japanese autos, it will be reliable, economical, and especially being an Acura, be full of tech!!

I made mention in my original 'New Member' post that I would transition to the SH-AWD once it became available in Toronto. Well I did go and drive it, and again (to me), it was a great car, but BLAND. To me, the essence of driving and feel, is to be confident in the vehicles 'performance & handling'. Thus, I informed the dealer, not only did I not want the SH-AWD, but I am returning my i4 TLX.

For me personally, having owned German automobiles, and being use to the handling and performance of such vehicles, I quickly noticed that it could not be found in the TLX.

As a result, I ended up going back to BMW, and I am currently driving a 535i xDrive, Executive M-Sport (Attached photos). I found myself back in my comfort zone, confident in the performance & handling of my vehicle, quality of design & deportment, and a specific pedigree that is hard to match in the Japanese auto market. In my opinion, I will not stray again.

Thanks for the hospitality, and again, best of luck to everyone!!

Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice car, but I think you are stretching the limits of hospitality by posting essentially the same note in 3 different threads, and it borders on being almost useless as 99% of TLX buyers will not be cross shopping it with a base 535i xDrive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.