Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I've been following the launch of the TLX for some time now. I hope to be purchasing one within the year and thought I'd join the forum to see how people in the real world like the car.

I've been driving Hondas for years and wouldn't switch to anything else. I'm currently driving a 2013 Si. Love the car but it's time to get something a bit smoother.

I'm looking forward to watching the forum grow and see how people enjoy their cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I've owned a bunch of Hondas over the past 15 years. Never an Acura though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Have you already made your decision, or are you holding off on ordering because you are still considering your options?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My decision is pretty well made I think. I'm just waiting for finances to fall into place. It was always between the TLX and the Accord V6 touring.

I've read a few reviews of the TLX and sometimes you need to take them with a grain of salt. People driving them every day is a much better gauge on what the car is like.

·
Registered
727 Posts
My decision is pretty well made I think. I'm just waiting for finances to fall into place. It was always between the TLX and the Accord V6 touring.

I've read a few reviews of the TLX and sometimes you need to take them with a grain of salt. People driving them every day is a much better gauge on what the car is like.

That's why i like to look out for long term test drives to see what journalists and owners have to say, plus if you can wait, it helps.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Hey! I've been following the launch of the TLX for some time now. I hope to be purchasing one within the year and thought I'd join the forum to see how people in the real world like the car.

I've been driving Hondas for years and wouldn't switch to anything else. I'm currently driving a 2013 Si. Love the car but it's time to get something a bit smoother.

I'm looking forward to watching the forum grow and see how people enjoy their cars.

Welcome.

I have had a long line of Civics and Accords in my past as well and thought I would never leave Honda until the 2004 Accord came out and it didn't appeal to me. Luckily I heard about the 2004 TSX being released in the same year. Since it was built on the Accord chassis, it felt like a good fit. I have had a 2004, 2007 and currently a 2011 TSX. I originally thought Acuras were overpriced Hondas, but over the years I feel it is a better built car all around.

I am looking forward to receiving a Basque Red Pearl II 4I with Tech Package around September 7th.

Any idea on what color and options you are looking for?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

I'm looking at the white SH-AWD Tech or Elite. Once I get a bit closer to the purchase I'll decide if the extra options are worth it or not.

White and SH-AWD for sure.......

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Honestly the Elite isn't worth it since in Canada we have remote starter with the Tech package and you can cool your car down... so it kind of makes the ventilated seats useless. The parking sensors don't really do much other then beep.... unless you're blind, you can easily use the camera to park. And finally the fogs, personally I find them useless when you have the jewel headlights. That's just my opinion.....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Honestly the Elite isn't worth it since in Canada we have remote starter with the Tech package and you can cool your car down... so it kind of makes the ventilated seats useless. The parking sensors don't really do much other then beep.... unless you're blind, you can easily use the camera to park. And finally the fogs, personally I find them useless when you have the jewel headlights. That's just my opinion.....
I agree with you but I ordered the Elite anyway. My only reason was the ventilated seats (tiny type A in me somewhere) and the fogs are more aesthetic to me. Also heaven forbid my wife needs to use my car, at least with the MT (she can't drive stick) that would never happen. But alas, for the most part you are right.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the opinions guys. That's exactly why I joined the forum. To get some real world opinions.

I do like the look of the fog lights, but if that's the only reason I decide to go for the Elite, it might just be worth it to get them as an accessory instead.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I seem to have been battling the same as you guys. I knew I wanted the AWD. The color, I always had a white, first an Accord and currently 09 TSX. I would have changed the outside color, but what they offer for the TLX I did not like. The red is basically burgundy (not red-ish at all), the blue is way too dark as well, the silver is blah & the gray, copper-black & black don't appeal to me at all so I went back to white (however a little disappointed with no parchment interior choice for this combo). I was also debating for a while whether to get the Tech or Advance. After being very curious about the added Collision Mitigation Braking System, Road Departure Mitigation system, cooled seats & the sensors (especially the front ones for the sake of front bumper vs. curbs). I did decide to go with the Advance after all because I don't wanna spend all that money & then regret I could have gotten the Advance.
Now just patiently await the beast ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts