Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

First off, I want to say how great this forum is. I think I read every post!

I'm in the market for buying a new car, my first car actually, after taking public transit for the past 14 years.

I've always been a fan of Acura. There is something about their style, performance and technology that I find exciting.

I don't have the patience for public transit any more. I'm ready to make the leap of faith, and the TLX speaks to me. I haven't seen one in person yet, which means I also haven't taken one for a test drive. But from what I've read on the internet, my interest has been piqued.

I have many inquiries which I'm certain will be answered when I visit a dealership, but at the moment I'd like to ask 2 questions:

1) This one is for the folks in Ontario: Which dealership do you recommend in the Greater Toronto Area? There is one close to my home in Brampton, but it doesn't look like many people go to it. I'm looking for one that has friendly/knowledgeable staff and actually has the car on hand for test drives

2) I read somewhere that there are some exclusive features for the Canadian models such as front windshield de-ice, power folding side mirrors, and heated steering wheel and rear seats. Can anybody confirm this?

Sorry, I'm not trying to exclude any of my American friends. You all have been great with the info you provided so far, and if there is anything you'd like to add to help convince me that the TLX is the way to go for my first car, I'd appreciate that!

Congrats to all those who purchased one!

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the forum!

Hope all of your questions are answered.

Any idea if you will go for the I4, V6 or V6 with SH-AWD?

Also, any preference of color?

Just curious.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Summest!

I was thinking V6 with SH-AWD in either White pearl or Silver Metalic. I'd have to see them in person to really decide which colour I like best and which one suits the long winters we have.

My commute to work would be roughly 45-60 minutes and 85% of that would be highway. I read so many good things about the I4, but I'm thinking the SH-AWD might be better for me. I guess I'll truly know once I get to test drive each.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Probably a good choice for where you live. I am sure others will chime in soon.

Definitely read up and take the test drives.

There is a lot to learn about the TLX. I am still learning.

·
Registered
438 Posts
toronto guy here:

1) if you want to test drive the SH-AWD you will have to wait until next month since its not out yet. but i do suggest that you test drive the V6 FWD just for the heck of it. I'm sure all dealers will have FWD models available in their showrooms.

2) i would suggest visiting acura.ca as supposed to acura.com for precise specs and options/features. taking brochures from a local dealership would help too so there will be no confusions.

but since i have the brochure right in front of me and im such a nice guy lol:

- heated rear seats is part of tech and elite package
- power folding side mirrors is part of tech and elite package
- heated steering wheel is part of tech and elite package
- windshield de-icer and heated side mirrors are standard on all models

so if you want those features, get the tech package

hope that helps

·
Registered
251 Posts
toronto guy here:

1) if you want to test drive the SH-AWD you will have to wait until next month since its not out yet. but i do suggest that you test drive the V6 FWD just for the heck of it. I'm sure all dealers will have FWD models available in their showrooms.

2) i would suggest visiting acura.ca as supposed to acura.com for precise specs and options/features. taking brochures from a local dealership would help too so there will be no confusions.

but since i have the brochure right in front of me and im such a nice guy lol:

- heated rear seats is part of tech and elite package
- power folding side mirrors is part of tech and elite package
- heated steering wheel is part of tech and elite package
- windshield de-icer and heated side mirrors are standard on all models

so if you want those features, get the tech package

hope that helps
Those things are specific to the Canadian model though right? If you buy in America, they don't give you the same wintery features standard do they?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Those things are specific to the Canadian model though right? If you buy in America, they don't give you the same wintery features standard do they?
im only reading off the brochure the local dealership gave me

i suggest you do the same to avoid any confusion; my brochure has acura.ca/tlx URL at the back cover which means its the canadian brochure. the usa brochure may be different

·
Registered
93 Posts
No, in the US the windshield de-icer, heated rear seats & heated steering wheel are not available at all. The folding side mirrors feature is only available in the highest Advance Package.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Not only that, they get ventilated or cooled seats. I would like the auto-fold side mirrors as well. (In South Florida, my seats are already preheated, solar heated. :) )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all!

First off, I want to say how great this forum is. I think I read every post!

I'm in the market for buying a new car, my first car actually, after taking public transit for the past 14 years.

I've always been a fan of Acura. There is something about their style, performance and technology that I find exciting.

I don't have the patience for public transit any more. I'm ready to make the leap of faith, and the TLX speaks to me. I haven't seen one in person yet, which means I also haven't taken one for a test drive. But from what I've read on the internet, my interest has been piqued.

I have many inquiries which I'm certain will be answered when I visit a dealership, but at the moment I'd like to ask 2 questions:

1) This one is for the folks in Ontario: Which dealership do you recommend in the Greater Toronto Area? There is one close to my home in Brampton, but it doesn't look like many people go to it. I'm looking for one that has friendly/knowledgeable staff and actually has the car on hand for test drives

2) I read somewhere that there are some exclusive features for the Canadian models such as front windshield de-ice, power folding side mirrors, and heated steering wheel and rear seats. Can anybody confirm this?

Sorry, I'm not trying to exclude any of my American friends. You all have been great with the info you provided so far, and if there is anything you'd like to add to help convince me that the TLX is the way to go for my first car, I'd appreciate that!

Congrats to all those who purchased one!
Hi there.

I would like to confirm your questions. I just got my TLX V6 ELITE PAWS on friday last week and yes you'll get everything that you mentioned with tech package.

I can recommend you to my dealership if you want? I got $2000 discount and they throw in the all season matts and trunk tray for free. Contact me if your interested. My phone # 416 995 6905

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent, thanks for confirming as well Sansonite. This is why I love this forum. Everyone is so helpful!

Congrats on your purchase! I'll definitely contact you. I never bought a car before, the negotiating part seems intimidating lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
before you head off to negotiating, drop me a PM first

because i am in the middle of negotiating on a TLX as i am typing this post, can give you some insight. not to say that i am an expert negotiator, but i can provide you with some observations

·
Registered
430 Posts
welcome to the forum, its an exciting process, just keep calm and the negotiations will work themselves out (kind of), for me its all about gut feeling, you can feel when someone (salesman) is genuine and get that sick feeling when they're shifty...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts