Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do have a 2015 but it is a company demo. I am the Parts Manager for a Toronto area Dealer and my job comes with a car. I only picked it up on Friday and had not even sat in one until I put the plates on it.

My previous company cars have been 2008-2015 Accords and a couple Crvs mixed in.

My personal collection of Honda and Acura vehicles have been:

81 Accord Sedan
89 Civic si
92 Accord
87 Civic sedan
03 Civic Coupe
03 Element
06 Element (still have)

Coming from a cvt the 8 speed is taking some getting used to.

I am a veteran to autoguide forums. I am a mod and long time poster under a different name on element ownersclub and crvownersclub.

I am hoping my time here will be an asset to both my driving experience and my job.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I am hoping my time here will be an asset to both my driving experience and my job.
We hope your time here will be beneficial to you as well as we look forward to hearing your insights.

Thanks for becoming a member. :)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Welcome. People that work for the parent company are always a great asset to have. What dealer is you dont mind saying?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. People that work for the parent company are always a great asset to have. What dealer is you dont mind saying?
Working for the dealer isn't working for the parent company. But we do spend a great deal of time in training to ensure we represent Acura in the proper manor. At this time I prefer not to reveal the dealer name.

I have in the past and unfortunately it became a hassle in some aspects. (Members expecting me to help them in ways that were beyond my abilities).

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thank you for joining and sharing your background. I completely agree with you position on not disclosing dealer.

I have a question that may be outside your scope. An ODMD software update (I think it is TSB 14-017) was released in the US shortly after launch, but it seems that it has only recently been made available in Canada.

Here is the background. Doing a search for Owner/Navigation manuals, the US site has two versions, ST02 (Without Software Update) and ST03 (With Software Update), no VIN restrictions. The Canadian site provides the same sets of manuals but indicates that the Software Update is only for models with late VINs.

Why is this?

I would like to think that the later models come with the software update, and that it can be applied to earlier models.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for joining and sharing your background. I completely agree with you position on not disclosing dealer.

I have a question that may be outside your scope. An ODMD software update (I think it is TSB 14-017) was released in the US shortly after launch, but it seems that it has only recently been made available in Canada.

Here is the background. Doing a search for Owner/Navigation manuals, the US site has two versions, ST02 (Without Software Update) and ST03 (With Software Update), no VIN restrictions. The Canadian site provides the same sets of manuals but indicates that the Software Update is only for models with late VINs.

Why is this?

I would like to think that the later models come with the software update, and that it can be applied to earlier models.
To be honest I don't know much about the updates. I am currently just a two ma department and have my hands full with a few projects. I will see what I can find out when I have time.

·
Registered
727 Posts
It always helps to have someone loyal to Honda/Acura on here as folks like yourself have some seriously valuable input to share on the TLX :D

Plus it helps you got that personal experience with seeing Honda/Acura change over the years, picking out the consistencies throughout.

·
Registered
251 Posts
You sound like a great addition to the forum. It'll be great to hear your thoughts on the TLX as you get to know it better.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The time has come to hand in the keys to my TLX. After 6 months and 3600 kms I have decided for tax reasons to give up my company car.

I will definitely miss it. If I was buying a new car it would in in my top give choices.

For now I will be driving a 2000 Altima that is paid for and won't kill me at tax time.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
The time has come to hand in the keys to my TLX. After 6 months and 3600 kms I have decided for tax reasons to give up my company car.

I will definitely miss it. If I was buying a new car it would in in my top give choices.

For now I will be driving a 2000 Altima that is paid for and won't kill me at tax time.
::crying::

·
Super Moderator
1,008 Posts

I will definitely miss it. If I was buying a new car it would in in my top give choices...
My condolences...
It may be difficult to re-accustom yourself to your "old" Altima...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sucks you have to let go of your TLX but at least you know how good it is since as you get behind the wheel of other vehicles (if you do) your appreciation for Acura might get stronger.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sucks you have to let go of your TLX but at least you know how good it is since as you get behind the wheel of other vehicles (if you do) your appreciation for Acura might get stronger.
I still have weekly access to a 16 MDX.

Driving a beater isn't so bad don't have to be as Carefull where i park and no more filling up with premium..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It always helps to have someone loyal to Honda/Acura on here as folks like yourself have some seriously valuable input to share on the TLX :D

Plus it helps you got that personal experience with seeing Honda/Acura change over the years, picking out the consistencies throughout.
When I first started with Honda the Acura brand was only two years old. I loved the Integra when it came out but working for chrysler at the time stopped me from buying one.

In 89 thinks like a/c, right hand mirrors and center consoles were still an option. Civics didn't have radios carbs still came on base model Accords.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts