Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 2019 tlx elite aspec. I previously had an ‘05 TL. I like the aftermarket rims I had for the TL and would like to keep them to use for winter rims. They are 18”. Is this a possibility? I’m not really a car guy and I’m kind of clueless lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 2019 tlx elite aspec. I previously had an ‘05 TL. I like the aftermarket rims I had for the TL and would like to keep them to use for winter rims. They are 18”. Is this a possibility? I’m not really a car guy and I’m kind of clueless lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! View attachment 26030

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
90 Posts
Hey everyone,

I just bought a 2019 tlx elite aspec. I previously had an ‘05 TL. I like the aftermarket rims I had for the TL and would like to keep them to use for winter rims. They are 18”. Is this a possibility? I’m not really a car guy and I’m kind of clueless lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! View attachment 26030
its possible all you gotta do is have 18 in. tires put on your rims that will fit your TLX I say refer to the manual or do some searching on the exact tire specifications for the TLX a good example would be googling info on the TLXs with the 18in wheel option that come standard on V6s

·
Super Moderator
1,033 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your TLX purchase!

Reactions: SteviePipes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its possible all you gotta do is have 18 in. tires put on your rims that will fit your TLX I say refer to the manual or do some searching on the exact tire specifications for the TLX a good example would be googling info on the TLXs with the 18in wheel option that come standard on V6s
The ‘19 aspec comes standard with 19”. So I just should just check to see if my 18” will fit on the new tlx? Because I don’t think you mean to put 18” tires on the 19”rims for the tlx. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX V6 Tech Package
90 Posts
The ‘19 aspec comes standard with 19”. So I just should just check to see if my 18” will fit on the new tlx? Because I don’t think you mean to put 18” tires on the 19”rims for the tlx. 🤷🏻‍♂️
oh noo what I meant is you can buy a set of tires that will fit the 18inch rims and then put the TL rims on the tires and then mount the tires onto your TLX there should be no issues as long as you got the tire specs right.
Check here 2019 Acura TLX V6 FWD Tires This has the correct tire specifications needed for your TLX to fit those 18in. rims that is on your TL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh noo what I meant is you can buy a set of tires that will fit the 18inch rims and then put the TL rims on the tires and then mount the tires onto your TLX there should be no issues as long as you got the tire specs right.
Check here 2019 Acura TLX V6 FWD Tires This has the correct tire specifications needed for your TLX to fit those 18in. rims that is on your TL
Ahh thank you for clarifying lol! Laymen’s terms always is best for me when it comes to cars. I have summers on the rims already that only have 1 seasons use, another reason I wanted to use them. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For using that tire chart, does it make a difference that it’s AWD and not FWD?

·
Premium Member
4,988 Posts
Here is a post with the different stock tire sizes which will work on the different trim levels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts