Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just got my new TLX 4 cyclinder w/ tech package. this weekend. was previous owners of all diff cars, but most notable cars i've owned were MR2, Civic SI, 06 S2000, G35.

I feel that TLX is really the best bang for the buck. all the luxury features for a very affordable price. Overall the car is beautiful inside and out. AWS is pretty cool. makes me feel like im in my S2000 again ;)

Only complaint i have so far is the breaks. I find the breaking power to be very weak. It lacks the initial bite most sporty cars should have. anybody else feel the same way?

if so, has anybody found upgrades that has helped the breaking power? (i.e. Steel break lines, performance/street pads, rotors, etc)

thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I haven't found the brakes on mine to be weak. It will be interesting to see if others feel the same. It might be a case of this car being more heavy that past vehicles? I could definitely feel the weight difference coming from a Civic Si.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi all,

Only complaint i have so far is the breaks. I find the breaking power to be very weak. It lacks the initial bite most sporty cars should have. anybody else feel the same way?

thanks.
It may not be the brakes, mine does some kind of shake/stubble when coming to a stop. It feels like a transmission issue and not the brakes being bad or skipping. When I get my remote start installed I'm going to ask for some computer updates and see if there is one for that issue.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi all,

just got my new TLX 4 cyclinder w/ tech package. this weekend. was previous owners of all diff cars, but most notable cars i've owned were MR2, Civic SI, 06 S2000, G35.

I feel that TLX is really the best bang for the buck. all the luxury features for a very affordable price. Overall the car is beautiful inside and out. AWS is pretty cool. makes me feel like im in my S2000 again ;)

if so, has anybody found upgrades that has helped the breaking power? (i.e. Steel break lines, performance/street pads, rotors, etc)

thanks.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post and hear the good news.

Any pix? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forums my graphite gray brother! Just purchased mine this past weekend and couldn't be happier. I haven't found the breaks to be weak on mine. Just right.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Welcome. I do like that color. Graphite Luster Metallic!! But on the registration, New York State calls it GRY!! I like to think I get so many GRY cars 'cuz I'm GaRY!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts