Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By accident I happen to notice an online ad yesterday and though I click and have some fun. I should say I was very surprised to see what has become of this crappy brand. Car is beautiful inside out, has tons of toys and nice powertrain options. It so happened that there was a Chrysler dealership on the way to the supermarket so we went it. I'm afraid I am becoming a fan.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yea its a really pretty car, I spent abunch of time with it when it came to town with the Autoshow. That V6 AWD is certainly an enticing option. I just dont trust the 9 speed ZF, Cherokee has had HUGE problems with it so far and the 200 is not that mechanically different from the KL!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jeep Cherokee is experiencing some problems with this transmission. This is the only thing that is stopping me right now from purchasing the car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Chrysler 200 looks great. Not the best at anything, but really good at most things. Best thing that Chrysler has going for it right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One thing I hate about lease is that if your car start to fall apart you can't get rid of it until your lease is up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It varies from dealer to dealer. I would think most Acura dealerships treat you like a king. One time I had a piece of trim falling off on my base TSX and was given a fully loaded TL for more than 3 days. It wasn't the worst experience I should tell you.

It's easy to get out of leases, especially if you leased a car that holds it's value. I traded in that same TSX lease early because it was an even trade for the dealership that bought it out. If I leased a chevy or a buick, I could still trade it in, but would be paying off the negative equity, just like selling a car with negative equity.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Nice car

By accident I happen to notice an online ad yesterday and though I click and have some fun. I should say I was very surprised to see what has become of this crappy brand. Car is beautiful inside out, has tons of toys and nice powertrain options. It so happened that there was a Chrysler dealership on the way to the supermarket so we went it. I'm afraid I am becoming a fan.
I rented a Chrysler 200 while on vacation in Canada. It was a pleasant experience. I was amazed how good it drove and handled. The audio system and voice commands were very useful. Luckily I had XM Radio along for the ride through the mountainous wilderness. Bluetooth worked great when I called someone using my address book or when I listened to audio books. I was surprised how I much I liked the car even though it is American-made.

A couple days before I returned the car to the rental center, I accidentally pushed a button on the remote and the car started by itself. Pushed it again it and it shutoff. Must be a nice feature to have in the dead of Winter. Although I can see it handy in South Florida Summers.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I rented one a few weeks ago and I agree with everything you said. Dodge has come a long way over the past few years. I've had two Dodge cars and after both I vowed never to own another though. Lol

The entertainment system was one of the simplest that I've ever used. It's very well done and the interior looks very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally drove it today. First was top of the trim, minus the sunroof. It drove much better than expected for an American car. Interior is beautiful, less the wood trim, I personally like the darker fake paneling. The salesman wasn't sure how these are customized. American brands, he said, have insane customization options.

Then I thought I give 4 cylinder a shot. Oddly, they didn't have any in stock, other than the demo/errands basic model. I took it for a short spin, but it wasn't as exciting. The V6 has an attractive rumble from the exhaust, I'd shut the radio off and could listen for hours. The '4' had a basic engine/road noise, drove okay, accelerated decent, nothing special. I'd definitely put it the V6 model on top of the list, however, I'm a bit afraid to get a lemon, which is a very big possibility with American automakers.

Before that I drove Audi A4 Quatro, TLX V6 Advance, Mazda 6 GT in that order. I could easily scratch Audi and Mazda off the list. Nothing special at all. Not sure what the big noise about Audi. I like their exterior design, but the ride didn't impressed me, not worth the money they are asking for, especially since it's a seller's market. Mazda simply handed me the keys and told me to return whenever. I drove it the longest and did all my errands. However, everything about it was mehh, even in so called "sports" mode. The 4-cyl TLX wasn't available for a testdrive so I drove the V6. However, the only time Acura got exciting is when it was put in Sports mode. It is still a great car, inside and out and I am looking forward driving the '4'. The salesgirl confirmed that she liked the '4' as well and will call me when they come in. It sounds unbelievable though, but I could't wait to get back to my Optima Hybrid after driving all those nice cars. Every salesman/woman cringed when asked what I drove, but then wowed when seen it in person.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Surprisingly the Kia Optima is a very nice car. In Canada, the mid-range model is $30,000. For its price they really pack in the tech. Plus, it also has a panoramic sun roof which is really awesome in that price range.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Competition won out for me. I had second thoughts about the 200, reading the various misfortunes they have, so I signed up for another lease with Kia, only the Limited this time. For the price, you just can't beat the looks, features and power.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Before I bought my TLX, I spent a fair amount of time researching a lot of different vehicles. The 200 is one of those. I think the interior is it's best attribute. Chrysler did a great job there. The driving experience? Not as impressed. For about the same money, I picked up the TLX. I have / had a far superior dealer experience and for it's initial faults, it's a completely different feel. It's vault quiet. It's solid. Nothing upsets the chassis. It's currently getting about 25mpg in the city and it's red!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.