Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Hey, tomorrow I’ll be joining this beautiful family with the purchase of a 2015 TLX V4

Do you have any advice or tips for me please?
Yes Abrhm, Make sure ALL fluids have been changed, if NOT then do it.

Also check when the last time the Timing Belt was changed. If Not lately, then get it performed. Hint, You can go to the Acura Owner's website and enter your VIN number and it will list every time a work order for maintenance was performed. In fact, I recommend that you join Join the Site and keep your own maintenance records with all the ones already listed.

The Acura Owners site: Acura Owners Site | Exclusive Knowledge, Service, & Benefits

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Also check when the last time the Timing Belt was changed. If Not lately, then get it performed. Hint, You can go to the Acura Owner's website and enter your VIN number and it will list every time a work order for maintenance was performed. In fact, I recommend that you join Join the Site and keep your own maintenance records with all the ones already listed.

The Acura Owners site: Acura Owners Site | Exclusive Knowledge, Service, & Benefits
Thank you so much

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
No timing belt on the 4 cylinder. It is a chain. Also the 2.4 L 4-cylinder is not a V4 but an inline 4.
Thanks for the info on the the chain. That means that when my dealer said it was time to change the Timing Belt he was lying just to cheat me out of money?

Who mentioned anything about the I4 being a V? Everyone should know that the I on I4 means an inline motor.

·
Super Moderator
437 Posts
Thanks for the info on the the chain. That means that when my dealer said it was time to change the Timing Belt he was lying just to cheat me out of money.
NDNV, After what you said, I checked my maintenance records and found that while the service person at the door who wrote up the work order may have said it to me, infarct no timing belt was changed. Thus you and my dealer both were honest. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec, 2020 TLX A-Spec, Performance Red Pearl with Ebony, 2017 Acura TLX
51 Posts

He said V4 which of course is actually referred to as I4. Honda/Acura 4 cylinder engines don't have timing belts. They have timing chains which are most likely going to last the life of the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts