Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just purchased a 2.4 Tech White (Ebony) today. Sadly, it will not be in for 3 weeks... ah, the waiting. Anyway, I am not a big fan of the 17" wheels or tires on the 4; the 18" wheels and tires on the 6 are better. I asked the dealer if I could do a swap, getting credit for the existing ones. They said yes, but the price for the swap counting the credit was going to be $2K. To me, that seems excessive. My alternative is to buy after market 18" wheels and tires and then sell the OEM ones. I am leaning this direction, but have never done this before. Does anybody have recommendations on vendors, etc. on the buying and selling side? Also, does anybody know of a wheel that looks like the Acura wheel used on the TLX Prototype....

2015 Acura TLX | Photos, Videos, Exterior, Interior | Acura.com

I think something like that would look great on my white TLX.

Thanks,
Keith
Dallas, TX

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your car. Good luck with the wait. Haha.

As for wheels, Discount Tire as well as Tire Rack both have the capability to have a virtual image of your car with a wheel that you select from their site. Unfortunately neither site has the TLX as an option to use the tool. They both have a large selection of wheels though so that may be a good place to start looking. Enkei makes the wheels for Honda (and I'm assuming Acura as well) so maybe check their site as well.

I'm a big fan of 5 spoke wheels as well and there is a good selection of different
options online.

I did a quick search and I found this style that is similar to the prototype. The prototype are a lot more shiny and have black accents. These are a similar style though.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=5-114.30&fl=&yr=2006&pc=22692&counter=1&wd=18&rw=7&vid=009438

Let us know how you make out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts