Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I need help in finding something that works to hold my phone near the dash area.
2020 acura TLX.
I looked around and found CD slot or vent mounts. But they don't work for me. The vent fins are too loose to hold and the I use cds ( I know, old-school).

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
I went with a suctioncup window mount. It places the phone at about 2 0'clock on the steering wheel. Works well. This is a wireless charger, so there is a wire from it to the center console power outlet. I routed the wire to the steering wheel and then behind the garnish, then to the power outlet. I have two such mounts:
This one for the TLX:
For the Odyssey, similar but spring loaded to grab on to the phone.

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX A-Spec Apex Blue Pearl Looking for practice mods, suggestions greatly appreciated!
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went with a suctioncup window mount. It places the phone at about 2 0'clock on the steering wheel. Works well. This is a wireless charger, so there is a wire from it to the center console power outlet. I routed the wire to the steering wheel and then behind the garnish, then to the power outlet. I have two such mounts:
This one for the TLX:
For the Odyssey, similar but spring loaded to grab on to the phone.
Thanks so much for letting me know your setup.

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
I have also "stuck" in to the flat surface in the upper display to avoid the issue with local state codes about nothing stuck to the windscreen.
I tried the CD slot vesions, but they were never very stable (and broke one version too)

Reactions: William6244

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have also "stuck" in to the flat surface in the upper display to avoid the issue with local state codes about nothing stuck to the windscreen.
I tried the CD slot vesions, but they were never very stable (and broke one version too)
Do you mind snapping a Pic for me so I can see how your looks like? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I use in all our vehicles (except my '95 Mustang, since the vent slots are too close together).

Thank you for recommending me this product! I got so much I Ned to order them and try it for myself 😂!

🙏👏

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
Thank you for recommending me this product! I got so much I Ned to order them and try it for myself 😂!

🙏👏
I too used to use those magnetic vent mounts. But they require a metal disk either between the phone and its case, or stuck to the back of the phone. With wireless charging, that interferes and renders charging useless.

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I too used to use those magnetic vent mounts. But they require a metal disk either between the phone and its case, or stuck to the back of the phone. With wireless charging, that interferes and renders charging useless.
Not every phone. My Galaxy S6 worked fine with a trimmed plate near the top of the phone, and my Note 10 is fine as well. I added a wireless charger/battery mod to my Z2 Force, and that sticks like glue to the magnetic mount even without a plate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, yeah I so I just bought a magnetic one from best buy. I like how minimal it is. But it render, like you said, the wireless charging useless... So I returned it! 🤣 The search continues!

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you put the plate in the middle if the back of the phone, it will most always interfere with the Qi charging. I was able to get both of my Samsung devices to work though a little experimentation with placement.

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
Ahh, thanks for posting these! Pretty clean setup still 👍👌👌
Thanks. I have had it fall off in extreme heat. The suction cup is easy to clean. Reapplication requires you to really press it against the window and then flip the lever.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you put the plate in the middle if the back of the phone, it will most always interfere with the Qi charging. I was able to get both of my Samsung devices to work though a little experimentation with placement.
True, I will finagle around the plate and try to get both to work 😁👍👌
Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is what I use in all our vehicles (except my '95 Mustang, since the vent slots are too close together).

This. I'm using an air vent phone mount also, and it is very stable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts