Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
So last few days I’m feeling like my car jumps a lot when I go over path holes and sounds like I’m riding on a rim and I did some research on google and I think my struts / shocks are gone. I do daily drive and I live in NYC and if u don’t know the roads are really bad 😒
I was wondering should I get OEM struts/ shocks or go for COILOVERS
Anything would help... looking for something good
Thanks 🙏

·
Super Moderator
748 Posts
Tell us first:
What year and specific model do you have?
How many miles on your car?
Are you leasing or do you own?
Will you be doing the work yourself?
Are you interested in a smooth ride or do you want to turn the vehicle into a "low rider"?
The above is important info so we can understand what you are looking for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My own 15 tlx about 80k on desh. been driving for almost 3 yrs and yes I want smooth ride . Maybe little lower doesn’t matter

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2015 V6 Tech and I am also interested in this answer. Sometimes I feel like my TLX bottoms out on some dips in the road. My subdivision filled in the dip now but I am not sure if the suspension is wearing out (only 49,000 miles) or if I need to upgrade the suspension. I am also interested in a smooth ride. I do not drive like I am on the track but in the city sometimes I do use the extra pick-up-and-go. Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Might want to check for a damaged shock absorber / strut, possibly a damaged suspension bushing. They don't fail very often, but it happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts