Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding the Nav turn-by-turn guidance volume to be difficult to hear when music on a bit louder. Already cranked to max at 11 but problem seems to be that it does not lower music/radio volume enough when prompting, as my previous vehicle did.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but as I said, already cranked to max at 11. Can't have music/radio on too loud with Nav on.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Complain to Acura and the dealer. They should make louder volume available so that you have to turn it down. Maybe a software update?

I find it annoying when I am on the phone the NAV butts into my conversation. :)

Wonder if they could lightly lower the volume on the radio when a NAV alert comes in, like we have for voice commands? Would that be acceptable? Some might not like that. Definitely needs some customization settings.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I am finding the Nav turn-by-turn guidance volume to be difficult to hear when music on a bit louder. Already cranked to max at 11 but problem seems to be that it does not lower music/radio volume enough when prompting, as my previous vehicle did.
I missed that. Sorry. Strange how the volume at max still doesn't come through loud enough. It would be interesting to see if others have the same issue or if it's just something with your particular car.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Guidance Volume

I may be late to the thread, but as a new owner, I'm finding a few things out that I missed in the manual.
Directly from the Nav Guide (p 27):
Owner's Navigation Guide said:
Guidance Volume
If you set Guidance Volume to 0, you will not hear route guidance or voice command confirmations. You can also adjust Guidance Volume by rotating the volume knob while the route guidance or voice command confirmations is announced.
If you then select Voice in the Map Menu, you will hear route guidance at the default volume.
Interface Dial Feedback
You can use this feature to minimize the need to look
at the screen while operating the Interface Dial.
I caught the Guidance voice when I was changing the volume and the Guidance Voice changed!! Kinda cool!:laugh:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I may be late to the thread, but as a new owner, I'm finding a few things out that I missed in the manual.
Directly from the Nav Guide (p 27):

I caught the Guidance voice when I was changing the volume and the Guidance Voice changed!! Kinda cool!:laugh:
It is cool.

I need to try adjusting the volume when someone calls to see if I can lower the nav speak when I am on a phone call over Bluetooth. Right now I can be talking to someone and "she " cuts in rudely. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
You can also mute the audio (push in on the volume wheel) and then play/listen to the Text and then increase the volume via the same wheel. When done, push the wheel in and Audio volume returns (with a nice fade in).
Again, something they thought of and engineered it nicely.

Reactions: Summest
1 - 8 of 8 Posts