Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, the standard 3M adhesive used when installing the AeroKit for the TLX can't withstand Texas heat. I have had my car back twice now, for the side sills coming away from the car.

This time, they have used an adhesive glue (not tape.) The only problem is, now I have to wear green bandaids on both sides for 48 hours.

Good Job 3M (or Acura, whoever didn't plan this well..)

Has anyone else with the AeroKit had this issue?

Wes

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I like it. Goes nice with the black.

This isn't the first AeroKit that Honda/Acura has done. I'm surprised it's not holding.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it. Goes nice with the black.

This isn't the first AeroKit that Honda/Acura has done. I'm surprised it's not holding.
The dealership told me they have had 4 TLX's back with the same issue. Probably a defect in the 3M tape.

Reactions: MTD

·
Registered
260 Posts
The green tape doesn't look bad really though. It kinda looks like you forgot to take it off when you bought the car or took it in to get detailed or something.

Hopefully this will fix your problem. Must be annoying have to bring in the car over and over again.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Austin looked at one in San Antonio that had that same issue. Hopefully mine will be ready this Sat.
Woohoo! Another Austinite! I haven't seen another TLX on the road for a few weeks. You will know me if you see me. License plate says "TLX". :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
yep i have the same problem. on my list of things to complain about when i go back for my first oil change.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Speaking of things falling off, I noticed the other day that the weatherstripping along the bottom of the driver's side door was hanging and sticking out the door jam when I closed it. Apparently it is only held on by the prongs that stick into hole along the door frame, so I just pushed them back into place. I'm surprised that there's no adhesive there?

Sorry to hijack, but wanted to share my experience since I don't (yet) have the aero kit.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think weather stripping also has some roll on adhesive that helps to make it stick, i've noticed this with other cars where I have removed the stripping. Maybe a reapplication of that will solve the issue.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I'm in Austin looked at one in San Antonio that had that same issue. Hopefully mine will be ready this Sat.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you finally post. :)

Please tell us more about you and your TLX.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been lookin at this site since the beginning of the year. I haven't really commented to much because I wasn't sure if I was going to get one. After driving test driving everything comparible for the money the TLX is where it's at. Finally picking my car up in 2 days!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've been lookin at this site since the beginning of the year. I haven't really commented to much because I wasn't sure if I was going to get one. After driving test driving everything comparible for the money the TLX is where it's at. Finally picking my car up in 2 days!!!!!
Go for it! I was a little leery of the TLX initially. I was driving TSX's and after driving my wife's TL I wanted something that rode a little smoother. My salesman warned me last year that the TL was going out in favor of a lighter car which might translate to rougher ride. Then, I read about the transmission issues with the new TLX. But, after test driving it and then leasing it in February I could not be happier. The ride matches my wife's TL and it is a whole lot more fun to drive.:D

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'm with you.. going for another test drive to compare AWD vs. PAWS... a long drive. I am hoping to make a decision soon. Congrats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts