Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
It will become more knight-rider-ish once Acura phases out the traditional instrument cluster and go for a full digital screen display.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It will become more knight-rider-ish once Acura phases out the traditional instrument cluster and go for a full digital screen display.
The Lincoln MKC tried something like that where almost everything was touch activated but then they reversed course because having actual buttons and dials makes it easier to adjust things while driving.

Still, other vehicles like Tesla have done fully touch screen displays successfully so its not a steadfast rule.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I still prefer analog gauges to be honest. Speed, RPM, temp, and fuel come to mind. A quick glance will indicate status to the trained eye, rather than having to interpret digital data.

But for interface, touch screen on many things works, especially with the touch feedback. Altough a round volume dial is better than arrows. Maybe tuner too....

Imho as always!

Reactions: Wes Beard

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, that takes me back to my pre-pubescent life.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I still prefer analog gauges to be honest. Speed, RPM, temp, and fuel come to mind. A quick glance will indicate status to the trained eye, rather than having to interpret digital data.

But for interface, touch screen on many things works, especially with the touch feedback. Altough a round volume dial is better than arrows. Maybe tuner too....

Imho as always!

I do miss a physical tuner knob....

·
Registered
681 Posts
I also live in a make believe world where I believe that, when the on-board computers fail, I can still fly my TLX on analog gauges only...but I have no doubt the the analogs will die at the same time.

But it's my world, and I like it :). Gimli Glider anyone?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Yeah unfortunately I think if the computers fail the car isn't going very far.

You can blame the Gimli glider on the metric system. Lol

·
Registered
317 Posts
We'll have to keep on waiting, a while.

If Acura rolls it out, it'll be in the RLX, and only recently it got released. Don't see a big change happening with that any time soon.

For now we can droll over the S-class:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts