Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the TLX was introduced, I have wanted to upgrade from my 2012 TSX Special Edition. I was on the hunt for a very specific pre-owned TLX. A 2017 TLX V6 SH-AWD Advance in San Marino red with ebony interior and it had to have the aero kit installed (I love the way this kit looks on this car). I knew it was going to be a tall order because they only made this color for one year (at least the 15-17 pre-face lifted TLX) and the aero kit itself is pretty rare. I was willing to travel 500 miles or so to buy one and had been waiting at least a year for one to come up for sale in this exact spec. Low and behold one came up for sale a few weeks ago in the Denver area (about 500 miles from me) so I had a relative in the Denver area look the car over and test drive it for me. Everything checked out so I put $5k down and flew out there last weekend to buy it and drive it home.

It is in need of a paint correction and I am an avid detailer so I plan to spend a whole weekend getting it dialed it in, but it still looks good from 10 feet away. Anyways, I wanted to do a quick intro and post some pre-paint correction pictures. At some point, I would like to look at upgrading to 19's and I am considering a VCM muzzle to improve long term reliability. Looking forward to frequenting this site for more info.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting the pics! Let us know how the paint correction effort goes!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! A few more recent pics and a few updates below. I'm still very much enjoying the car. It's mostly been sitting in the garage these past few weeks since my office is closed and I am now working from home as a result of COVID-19. I have been taking it around the block every few days to keep the battery charged and fluids moving. The stay-at-home order here has given me a lot of extra time to get it dialed in. I wasn't happy with the initial paint correction I did using Meguiar's 105/205 so I ordered Sonax Perfect Finish and used a yellow pad to remove all the swirls and fine scratches. It came out great! The carpet in this car was also a little dirty so I ordered some Chemical Guys carpet solution and a drill brush and I went to town on shampooing/extracting the carpet. It looks brand new now!

As far as modifications go, the car had holes drilled in the front bumper for a front plate. Fortunately I live in a state that doesn't require a front plate so to cover up the unsightly holes, I bought some paint-matched bumper plugs from bumperplugs.com. I also installed an S-VCM controller to deactivate VCM so she is now running on all 6 cylinders at all time :) I also put yellow Lamin-X film on the fog lights and on order I have a new set of Weathertech mats (a hole had worn into the driver's side OEM all-season mat where the heel rests and I wanted some mats that provided more coverage anyways). I also have some Acura puddle lights on order as well. I'm thinking about ordering a Sprint Booster to improve throttle response and would love to get some 19" wheels on it as well at some point as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts