·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutley love my TLX elite SH-AWD! No compalints except;

-2nd to 3rd is rough but doesnt happen all the time
- ELS sound needs way more bass
-the Auto-Off should have a setting to turn it permantly off

Other than that the car drives really smooth especially on the highway, and the gas mileage is really good.

Will be putting my Vossen CVT rims on soon so stayed tune! :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Absolutley love my TLX elite SH-AWD! No compalints except;

-2nd to 3rd is rough but doesnt happen all the time
- ELS sound needs way more bass
-the Auto-Off should have a setting to turn it permantly off

Other than that the car drives really smooth especially on the highway, and the gas mileage is really good.

Will be putting my Vossen CVT rims on soon so stayed tune! :)
Welcome to the forum. I have the Advance version of the TLX (almost the same as the Canadian Elite but not quite);). I have the P-AWS package so it doesn't have the auto off feature on it.:)

SUMMEST posted a message a month or so ago on ELS tuning. He had a friend who is an audio engineer tune his system and then he posted the settings on this forum. I tried 'em and liked 'em. :) The bass is still subtle but but is more natural sounding. If you want the car to hop with bass you could always set the bass as high as it will go and then crank the volume.>:D

I have had no complaints about the transmission but then I am pretty easy to please0:).

I agree with you that the ride is terrific. I previously had a Honda Accord and then two TSX's. My wife has a 2008 TL. After the last lease on my TSX I was planning on going to the TL because of the ride. Acura decided to drop the TL and TSX in favor of the TLX. I was hoping I would not be disappointed and I haven't been - the ride is nice and smooth.:D

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Care to share the ELS settings?
Sure. I searched and search but could not find the original post with the pictures. Here is a reference to the original.

http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/34434-post2.html

On the sound settings though, I asked my DJ friend to set mine. All settings were defaulted to C and he said that the center channel was way over powered. He back it down to -2. Subwoofer to +2. Bass to +2. Fader -1. It sounds great for contempory jazz. As with beauty is to sight, sound is in the ear of the beholder.

I also have DTS Neural on.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sure. I searched and search but could not find the original post with the pictures. Here is a reference to the original.

http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/34434-post2.html

On the sound settings though, I asked my DJ friend to set mine. All settings were defaulted to C and he said that the center channel was way over powered. He back it down to -2. Subwoofer to +2. Bass to +2. Fader -1. It sounds great for contempory jazz. As with beauty is to sight, sound is in the ear of the beholder.

I also have DTS Neural on.

Hope this helps.

I completely agree with the center channel comment. I have mine set almost exactly the way you do. However, I do find myself changing settings depending on the music that I'm listening to or even which input I'm using. FM-HD, to me, is very different thank XM for instance. All in all, I'm still very impressed with the ELS in the car.

·
Registered
255 Posts
......The bass is still subtle but but is more natural sounding.......

I, too, have my Max Headroom moments...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I tried those settings IMO they are garbage lol. Little bass, no highs, very flat and boring sounding.

Back to my +6 settings :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts