Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 1 month old Acura TLX V6 went to dealership 3 times for same issue

Hello everyone,

Today I'm posting this because I'm very concern about my car and hope that everyone can give me advice from your experience.

So I bought My TLX on the 25th of October. I drove it for about 2 weeks (not even 1000 miles). Since then the car had an issue when my steering wheel got locked up while driving, which I found extremely dangerous. It also displays LKAS, LDW, and EPS failures on dashboard.

So I took it to dealership and they said the ODMD needs an update and I let them do it. I got it back the day after and it still has that issue which almost make me hit the road sign at construction zone.
So I took it in again, it stayed there for 8 days and I got it back. And it still did the same thing, locking me up when driving.
So I brought it in for the 3rd time and haven't hear nothing from them.
What should I do? It's a brand new car and what if they continue to fix it. I continue to make payment for "A LOANER CAR"? That seems unfair. Is there any law that would require them to fix it effectively for me OR replace that defective vehicle?

Thanks everyone

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello everyone,

Today I'm posting this because I'm very concern about my car and hope that everyone can give me advice from your experience.

So I bought My TLX on the 25th of October. I drove it for about 2 weeks (not even 1000 miles). Since then the car had an issue when my steering wheel got locked up while driving, which I found extremely dangerous. It also displays LKAS, LDW, and EPS failures on dashboard.

So I took it to dealership and they said the ODMD needs an update and I let them do it. I got it back the day after and it still has that issue which almost make me hit the road sign at construction zone.
So I took it in again, it stayed there for 8 days and I got it back. And it still did the same thing, locking me up when driving.
So I brought it in for the 3rd time and haven't hear nothing from them.
What should I do? It's a brand new car and what if they continue to fix it. I continue to make payment for "A LOANER CAR"? That seems unfair. Is there any law that would require them to fix it effectively for me OR replace that defective vehicle?

Thanks everyone
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

Sorry you had to post bad news. I am sure you'll get feedback as lot of members have issues with their TLX.

What trim did you get? I4 or V6?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you have "lemon laws" where you are? Time at least to threaten. Anyway, I would insist on a free "lowner" at least.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you have "lemon laws" where you are? Time at least to threaten. Anyway, I would insist on a free "lowner" at least.
How come they are charging you for the loaner ?? Never heard of a practice like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.