Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Traded in my 2019 Accord Touring for a 2021 FWD Advance TLX last week.

Gripes so far ...
1) Faint but persistent rattling inside driver side B pillar, somewhere where the seatbelt goes in.
2) Louder rattling in the steering wheel, or steering column, cannot pinpoint it.

Car is going into service next week for these two noises, having to play radio in order to drown out these noises in the meantime. If anyone has had these problems fixed, please let me know what the resolution was.

3) Infuriates me that they essentially try to force people to use the idle engine stop. If someone is a tree-hugger, theyll surely want to save a teaspoon of gasoline, and have it shut down at every red light, then they should be able to opt-in to that feature with the press of a button . When the car was released to me, the salesman said that I can disable it by configuring an "individual" mode within the dynamic settings. While there is a setting to disable the idle-stop, I cant get the car to default to "individual" upon every startup, so, what exactly is the point of it?

4) I just updated the navigation maps using a 32gb USB drive. Took over an hour , but while waiting, there is nothing to indicate actual progress. So I had no idea if anything was actually happening during that period. Why in the world are these navigation systems unable to update over wifi?

5) On my Accord, there was an option to install a sunroof deflector, I cannot find the option for the TLX. A LOT of wind comes in while open. Im not sure Id install it anyway..

6) On remote-start, my Accord used to flash lights indicating that the car started up, the TLX does not.

Overall the TLX is surely nicer. From the front and rear, the TLX wins on appearance, I liked my Accord better from the side. Both are beautiful cars. The TLX on the inside is beautiful, I have the Espresso interior. The Accord seems slightly quicker, I couldn't care less about a half second, if that, 0-60. The Accord had more room in the backseat, but my daughters are still young, so not a big deal.

My biggest concern prior to buying was the non-touchscreen on the infotainment. Its completely a non-issue, I have zero problems with it, and adapted very easily. It would be nice if both were options, especially if one day the touchpad stopped working.

The TLX voice recognition is much improved over the '19 Accord, Im so glad I never have to hear her say "Pardon?" anymore :ROFLMAO: Simply terrible in the Accord, maybe she didnt like my Bronx accent.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
132 Posts
I don't understand the people that are so angry about the lack of a touchscreen. My only quibble with the interface is that when you are using the regular system, it's a trackpad....when you use Carplay, it's swipe and tap.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
1,092 Posts

Gripes so far ...
1) Faint but persistent rattling inside driver side B pillar, somewhere where the seatbelt goes in.
2) Louder rattling in the steering wheel, or steering column, cannot pinpoint it.

Car is going into service next week for these two noises, having to play radio in order to drown out these noises in the meantime. If anyone has had these problems fixed, please let me know what the resolution was.

3) Infuriates me that they essentially try to force people to use the idle engine stop. If someone is a tree-hugger, theyll surely want to save a teaspoon of gasoline, and have it shut down at every red light, then they should be able to opt-in to that feature with the press of a button . When the car was released to me, the salesman said that I can disable it by configuring an "individual" mode within the dynamic settings. While there is a setting to disable the idle-stop, I cant get the car to default to "individual" upon every startup, so, what exactly is the point of it?

4) I just updated the navigation maps using a 32gb USB drive. Took over an hour , but while waiting, there is nothing to indicate actual progress. So I had no idea if anything was actually happening during that period. Why in the world are these navigation systems unable to update over wifi?

5) On my Accord, there was an option to install a sunroof deflector, I cannot find the option for the TLX. A LOT of wind comes in while open. Im not sure Id install it anyway..

6) On remote-start, my Accord used to flash lights indicating that the car started up, the TLX does not.

Overall the TLX is surely nicer. From the front and rear, the TLX wins on appearance, I liked my Accord better from the side. Both are beautiful cars. The TLX on the inside is beautiful, I have the Espresso interior. The Accord seems slightly quicker, I couldn't care less about a half second, if that, 0-60. The Accord had more room in the backseat, but my daughters are still young, so not a big deal.

My biggest concern prior to buying was the non-touchscreen on the infotainment. Its completely a non-issue, I have zero problems with it, and adapted very easily. It would be nice if both were options, especially if one day the touchpad stopped working.

The TLX voice recognition is much improved over the '19 Accord, Im so glad I never have to hear her say "Pardon?" anymore :ROFLMAO: Simply terrible in the Accord, maybe she didnt like my Bronx accent.
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your buyer's assessment! Post some pictures of your car when you get a chance. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts

Gripes so far ...

I purchased a 21 TLX in August with tech pkg and had the seat belt area noise you hear. It's the female seat belt connector banging against the plastic interior cover between the doors and does this during variable driving conditions. I applied a small piece of peel & stick Felcro the "hairy" piece as an insulator on the female connector and no more rattle. Hope that may help. Regarding engine shut off at stops. You can disable this function EVERYTIME you start the motor by pressing the "OFF" button above the Brake Hold Button on the left side of the center console. You must do this every time the motor is shut off and later restarted as the ECU is programmed automatically to default to the motor shut down at stops. It's a pain for sure, but I now just automatically push the noted OFF button when I start the car and prior to engaging any gear.
Can't help you on the other noted items you mentioned at this time as I am still in the learning curve myself. I hate sophisticated technology, huge pain. Being a car nut and driving legally since 14 (1952) and grew up fixing & working on any mechanical device that was a problem. But not so in this day and age! Still hate computers but have to have one to function half ass normally.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"I applied a small piece of peel & stick Felcro the "hairy" piece as an insulator on the female connector and no more rattle. "
Where is this? Inside the wall area? Did you remove it to access?

·
Registered
17 Posts
"I applied a small piece of peel & stick Felcro the "hairy" piece as an insulator on the female connector and no more rattle. "
Where is this? Inside the wall area? Did you remove it to access?
No. it's applied to the external sides of the female seat belt connector housing itself. on my 21 TLX one side of the connector already had a soft pad applied, I put the felcro on the other side, so basically do both sides if yours does not have an existing pad on one side. I was only experiencing this issue on the drivers side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts