Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your feedback and experiences at your local Acura dealer in the Montreal area or Quebec, whether it is just window shopping, taking a test drive, purchasing a car, or post-purchase servicing.

positive & negative feedback are both welcome, but some very general guidelines:

- if it's a positive feedback, name the dealership and if possible, the person involved; to give them recognition for their service
- if it's a negative feedback, name the dealership only and avoid directly naming specific persons (just refer to them as "salesperson, sales manager" etc).
- be sure to explain your experiences as well or note any issues that are worth sharing with other members, good or bad

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Acura de Laval:

Won't name the sales rep, but wasted 3 months of my time. Promised he was going to sell my car for me for 3 months already. I even asked him if I should try to sell the car on my own "ohh no don't worry we're going to take care of everything". We took pictures of my car twice, lost them TWICE, he put up an ad finally 2 weeks ago with someone else's car but with my specs...when I saw that I lost it...

Then he tries to extend to me a one day "deal" last week, where I put have to essentially pay $62000 to get this sh-awd when its all said and done.

If I would have known all this, I would have sold my car a long time ago, before the TLX came out and the market was flooded with TL's on sale.

On top of that, each time I made an appointment to go see him, I had to wait around minimum 30 minutes to 1 hour no exaggeration.

The only thing he did that was cool, was let me drive the sh-awd for 40 minutes while he was delivering another car.

In summary, I found this experience to be TOTALLY unprofessional, and I would have appreciated some honestly from the beginning, and not waste my time. My guess is that he probably thinks I'm hostage to his dealership since I wanted the launch package, and put a $100 deposit...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not sure I follow. How come the dealership is selling your car for you? Don't you just trade it in and let them worry about it? Do you have both a TL and TLX now or are you still waiting for the TLX?

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in a 36 months lease, I got 21 months left, they were going to try to find a lease take over, or sell it with my buyback option... those were the expectations...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I posted in the pics thread, and was appropriately directed to this thread.

I wanted to highlight the excellent service I got from Acura Gabriel in Montreal (west island). My reps name is Kevin Shulman, and this is my 2nd Acura lease from him.

He takes care of all the details, goes the extra mile to ensure you are happy, and because he has been a top rep for many years, I'm sure this helps when dealing with the service department as they have always been nothing short of extremely helpful.

Kevin even took 1.5 hours on delivery with me today to ensure I knew every little detail. Setup my car from A-Z. Everything I asked for was done and delivered on time.

I do want to stress that I receive NOTHING for this. You can ask for him directly, or quote me as referring him. Either way, the goal is to ensure fellow Acura enthusiasts get the level of service they deserve.

Hope this helps for anyone looking around.

Thanks

Nitin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts