Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's not normal, even with AC on recirc. I have not seen any moisture build-up on mine, actually even mentioned this to my wife yesterday when we were driving that it is very strange, given our Ontario fall weather.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Wow! That is a lot of moisture on the inside. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car was sitting in a parking lot for about 2 hours before I got in. I wonder if the windshield is not sealed properly. All windows/sunroof were closed and I didn't have any open beverages in the car. Prior to parking it I didn't run the ac or defroster. strange and concerning with the speaker located on the upper dash.:eek:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does anyone have this issue. I have never seen this much build up on the inside of the windshield of any car i have ever owned.
I have noticed this a few times on mine. However it is not that much. More like the windows are all fogged up. And is after the car has been driven and turned off. Mostly noticed in the evening. Hope acura will address.

Cheers
Thomas

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I have noticed this a few times on mine. However it is not that much. More like the windows are all fogged up. And is after the car has been driven and turned off. Mostly noticed in the evening. Hope acura will address.

Cheers
Thomas
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post. :)

Sorry to hear about the condensation issue. Has anyone mentioned this to the dealer? I haven't heard much about this issue elsewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post. :)

Sorry to hear about the condensation issue. Has anyone mentioned this to the dealer? I haven't heard much about this issue elsewhere.
Summest, thanks for the welcome. Have not mentioned to dealer since dealer is about an hour drive. Will mention when I take in for the software update after thanksgiving. Good thing is the condensation does not happen all the time but when it does the defrost functions clear it quickly.

Cheers
TK

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do!!

Dunkin,

Thanks for posting the Photos... I have had that (almost) exact amount of condensation on the bottom inside of my windshield!!!!

I was actually on the forums tonight to see if anyone else had this problem... Seems like we are in the minority. I my was one of the first 10,000 or so (build in 11/2014), maybe there is something to the initial builds??

I wish I could replicate because the dealer needs to see this... it's way too much!

Rick

·
Registered
681 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone have this issue. I have never seen this much build up on the inside of the windshield of any car i have ever owned.
I have this issue as well. My TLX was at the shop a week after purchased for many issues. Dealer could not duplicate issue. I notice it in warm as well as cold weather

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
dunkindonuts, when you turn off your car do you leave the AC on or turn it off with the heat/vent fan still running or do you just turn off the car with everything on and get and start it? Was the condensation on the window before starting the car or just after?

·
Registered
8 Posts
dunkindonuts, when you turn off your car do you leave the AC on or turn it off with the heat/vent fan still running or do you just turn off the car with everything on and get and start it? Was the condensation on the window before starting the car or just after?
I shut the car off in current a/c mode I'm using just like every car I have ever owned. none of the other two vehicles in my driveway (2015 Ford F-150 and 2015 Ford Fusion), nor my neighbor's cars have the moisture build up that the TLX does when I come back out to it. My 2005 TL never had this issue. The moisture is not as a result of starting the car and blowing new air onto the windows. It's there when I get in; I'm not using the remote start

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
That my friend is I odd.... when running the AC is there water dripping at the bottom of the car? Wonder if its not draining holding water instead.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I've had the TLX since April and I've only seen slight moisture on the inside of the windshield once. It was quite foggy out so the atmosphere definitely contributed to the excess moisture. A few minutes with the front window defrost and it went away. It doesn't seem like anything near to what you're describing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this issue too. Have you gotten fixed? I took my car into the dealer and they said I didn't have a leak and weren't sure where the moisture was coming from. It's starting to smell in my car, so I'm hoping to find an answer soon.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
It could be that these cars are so air tight and well insulated that any moisture in the car like damp mats, your breath even an open beverage container can form condensation on the glass.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A little trick I heard is to put a little bag of cat litter under your seat. Fresh litter of course... I know it sucks to do that in a +40k car but it can help, it will suck in that extra moisture leaving your windows moisture free, especially in winter. Scented or not, thats your choice :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts