Acura TLX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
You just have to pull as much as you can to access the camera. Did you remove license plate to create more room?
You don't have to remove that part but only loosen it ( unclip ) and then the important part it's to unclip the trunk liner to acces and unplug the wires and then take the camera out. Here is a picture .
20191019_110439.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
It does support all 3 views.
Hi I just installed the camera and didn't see the 3 views change at all. Only the lines. The part number is 39530-T0A-A001-M1. Contact the seller anything else I need to do in the setup?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You just have to pull as much as you can to access the camera. Did you remove license plate to create more room?
You don't have to remove that part but only loosen it ( unclip ) and then the important part it's to unclip the trunk liner to acces and unplug the wires and then take the camera out. Here is a picture .
I saw this thread 2 weeks ago and I ordered the CRV camera, installed and it worked perfectly!
Just registered my account and wanted to say thank you to Jimmy and Sergio! This issue has been 1 year and I finally solved it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I just installed the camera and didn't see the 3 views change at all. Only the lines. The part number is 39530-T0A-A001-M1. Contact the seller anything else I need to do in the setup?
I was working in the garage when you posted this lol. I have basically the same model (15 tlx shawd elite) as yours. I followed these steps:
1. remove license plate and bend down the plastic thing above it as much as I can (but don't break it!)
2. remove trunk liner so I can reach cables inside
3. unplug the camera connector (see below)
4. remove camera/trunk open button assembly as a whole, by pushing it out from inside.
5. replace the camera
6. reverse steps 1-4, done!
20191210_162132.jpg
20191210_154014.jpg

20191210_162443.jpg

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
I was working in the garage when you posted this lol. I have basically the same model (15 tlx shawd elite) as yours. I followed these steps:
1. remove license plate and bend down the plastic thing above it as much as I can (but don't break it!)
4. remove camera/trunk open button assembly as a whole, by pushing it out from inside.
5. replace the camera
View attachment 24946
View attachment 24947
View attachment 24948
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the helpful instructions and pictures!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
5. replace the camera
All three view working for you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys. Does anyone have instruction how to disassemble back up camera? It was getting fogged up when it rains and worked fine during sunny days. Now my warranty expired and permanently fogged up now can’t see anything. Any help would be great. Thanks.
The stupid thing will rust out soon with moisture in it. Next thing you know, you have a black screen. That is what happened to my sister TLX. It worked poorly for like 2 years and then stopped working completely. I tried to pop it out to take a look, but I wasn't able to. I'm not going to waste more times on that stupid crap. Potato camera made in Thailand that is being sold for $200.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The stupid thing will rust out soon with moisture in it. Next thing you know, you have a black screen. That is what happened to my sister TLX. It worked poorly for like 2 years and then stopped working completely. I tried to pop it out to take a look, but I wasn't able to. I'm not going to waste more times on that stupid crap. Potato camera made in Thailand that is being sold for $200.
Funny thing is TSX, CRV, ILX all have same issue but Acura continue to use same cheap camera until now.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Out of the thousands probably very few <1% are having issues... yup I would continue to use it too. I wonder if someting hits it like in a car wash it causes this to occur.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks you for your report !
I run in the same issue unfortunately.
Which part number did you order?
There seems to be 2 parts :
39530-T0A-A001-M1 and 39530-T0A-A011-M1
Which one did you order? Or best, do you have the link of the one you bought?
I'd like to keep the multiview angles ;)
Thanks !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vehicle - 2016 Acura TLX 3.5 V6 SH-AWD

I am having this issues with my Camera. Anyone else experience this? I am about to order the Camera suggested in this thread. I am just disappointed with the amount of crap I am dealing with for this vehicle....

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. Here is an update on my backup camera. I took out the camera assembly (getting to it was very easy) but I couldn’t take the camera apart. It was impossible. So I looked up the part number online and it was very close to CRV except for the last four digits. Picture also looked identical. I found CRV camera on eBay for $28 and gave it a try. I also noticed there are a lot of complaints about foggy backup camera for CRV so I figured Honda uses same for majority of their vehicles. It took two weeks for the camera to arrive and moment of truth.... it was perfect fit and it worked!!! Only thing doesn’t work was different views settings but I don’t think I ever used different views so doesn’t bother me. Spent less than $30 vs $315 dealer quoted me for the part so I am very pleased. Here are some pictures including before and after.

Is the camera jus located in the truck? It pops out?⁸

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the camera jus located in the truck? It pops out?⁸
I just replaced mine - The assembly is held in place with a clip on the left (As you are looking at the back of your car). On the right it hooks in, so you squeeze the clip on the left (Just feel for the outside part of the clip, and using your finger, press it toward the assembly), and it pivots down and out. To reinstall, you hook in the right side, and pivot it back in position, where the clip will engage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just replaced mine - I purchased the "A001" version, and it seems like it has only one view. I just ordered the "A011" version, and will report back if I have the three views (I do use all three, so I want to get back that original functionality).

Thank you all for the instructions! It was super easy to replace. A few notes-

1- The clips holding the outside piece of trim (The piece you pull down after removing the license plate) are held with fairly robust clips - They will take some prying without breaking. I used a guitar pick starting at the center (Thin/plastic didn't scratch anything), and worked my way to each side - There are two clips on each side.
2- The clips holding the inside cloth trim are VERY fragile - It works best to use a small flat head screwdriver to "Pop up" the top to release them - They are two pieces that lock in place when the top is pushed down. If they break, they are probably still usable, but a bit tricky to push back in place.
3- The electrical connectors are held together by a small "Button" at the top over the piece that will be removed. The camera connector assembly is held in place with a clip holding it to a metal "Ear" in the door frame - It's easy to remove it, which gives you better access to that button.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I just replaced mine - I purchased the "A001" version, and it seems like it has only one view. I just ordered the "A011" version, and will report back if I have the three views (I do use all three, so I want to get back that original functionality).

Thank you all for the instructions! It was super easy to replace. A few notes-

1- The clips holding the outside piece of trim (The piece you pull down after removing the license plate) are held with fairly robust clips - They will take some prying without breaking. I used a guitar pick starting at the center (Thin/plastic didn't scratch anything), and worked my way to each side - There are two clips on each side.
2- The clips holding the inside cloth trim are VERY fragile - It works best to use a small flat head screwdriver to "Pop up" the top to release them - They are two pieces that lock in place when the top is pushed down. If they break, they are probably still usable, but a bit tricky to push back in place.
3- The electrical connectors are held together by a small "Button" at the top over the piece that will be removed. The camera connector assembly is held in place with a clip holding it to a metal "Ear" in the door frame - It's easy to remove it, which gives you better access to that button.
Yes. Please let us know if A011 has all three views. I will change my camera to keep all three views.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes. Please let us know if A011 has all three views. I will change my camera to keep all three views.
I'm happy to report that I changed my camera to the A011, and I now have all three views again(!). Doing this a second time was super easy - I knew where everything was, and how each clip would release. The whole thing took less than five minutes.

If anyone wants the three views and doesn't have them, I strongly suggest getting the A011 version of the camera and replacing it.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts