Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also. You will have to lift plastic piece around the camera to push in or release the screw from outside. View attachment 24854
Hi , i finnally received my camera in the mail but can't seem to figure out how you unplugged the old camera because there's screws (very small ones) to unscrew and they are not reachable in tip op that I can't pull the whole camera part out of its place because the wire is not long enough plus there's is 2 wires one for the trunk opening and the other one is the camera. How did you do it could you guide me pls it would be really appreciated my friend. Here's a picture of what I have done so far

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi , i finnally received my camera in the mail but can't seem to figure out how you unplugged the old camera because there's screws (very small ones) to unscrew and they are not reachable in tip op that I can't pull the whole camera part out of its place because the wire is not long enough plus there's is 2 wires one for the trunk opening and the other one is the camera. How did you do it could you guide me pls it would be really appreciated my friend. Here's a picture of what I have done so far
You have to remove inside trunk liners to access wires to remove old camera from inside. Also removing license plate makes lot easier to pull the plastic piece on your picture. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
711 Posts
I have a 2019 TLX loaner and the backup camera is much nicer than my 2015... the colors are much better (My grass doesn't look dead when viewing in the 2019) and in low light conditions its better too... wondering if that is a camera upgrade or more to the system as a whole.
There seems to be no difference between the camera I had in my 2015 and the 2018 model that I own now - so I'm wondering if they would have changed anything between 2018 and 2019?????

·
Registered
14 Posts
You have to remove inside trunk liners to access wires to remove old camera from inside. Also removing license plate makes lot easier to pull the plastic piece on your picture. Hope this helps.
The big day has come and success all the way very special thanks to Jimmy yoon and others for the help ! Also all the 3 angles work perfectly I'm so happy here's some pictures of the procedures.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
The big day has come and success all the way very special thanks to Jimmy yoon and others for the help ! Also all the 3 angles work perfectly I'm so happy here's some pictures of the procedures.
that grass looks green with the new camera. What camera did you end up getting? A 2015 TLX, a CRV or a newer TLX?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got the CRV camera !
Thanks you for your report !
I run in the same issue unfortunately.
Which part number did you order?
There seems to be 2 parts :
39530-T0A-A001-M1 and 39530-T0A-A011-M1
Which one did you order? Or best, do you have the link of the one you bought?
I'd like to keep the multiview angles ;)
Thanks !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks you for your report !
I run in the same issue unfortunately.
Which part number did you order?
There seems to be 2 parts :
39530-T0A-A001-M1 and 39530-T0A-A011-M1
Which one did you order? Or best, do you have the link of the one you bought?
I'd like to keep the multiview angles ;)
Thanks !

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
For $27 with free shipping me thinks to order to keep on hand just in case I have an issue... did you find the colors improved, ie. green grass looks green? My 2015 anytning green is a yellowish brown.

·
Super Moderator
817 Posts
For $27 with free shipping me thinks to order to keep on hand just in case I have an issue... did you find the colors improved, ie. green grass looks green? My 2015 anytning green is a yellowish brown.
Must support all three views: YES or NO?

·
Super Moderator
817 Posts
Great: green grass here you come!! Oh wait it snowed today!!☃❄

21 - 40 of 74 Posts