Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Acura TLX V6 3.5L Tech Package
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the title says, I'm looking into getting extra sound out of my 2017 3.5L V6. Ideally, I'd want to get a Catback Exhaust System, but the ones on Circuit Werks or XLR8 are about $1200+, and that's a bit too much IMO. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to do to add some noise without being too obnoxious? I saw some MagnaFlow catalytic converters and mufflers which are reasonably priced, but I'm not sure whether or not to pull the trigger on em. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this same problem finding a real exhaust system for my '19 A spec v6 but ended up first getting 2 mufflers and 1 resonator deleted and about a week ago I cut off the last resonator. The universal mufflers and Acura specific mufflers that I see floating around aren't as good for unleashing this V6's true character having both mufflers and both resonators deleted definitely comes with a drawback though. DRONE. I honestly don't mind it because it allows for some engine noise to enter the cabin however I always like hearing the engine especially when my windows are up on a rainy day. I would recommend going to a muffler shop and start with deleting the mufflers first. that shouldn't drone and then depending on how much more exhaust noise u want consider the resonators next. My 19 A spec has 2 mufflers and 2 resonators it might be different with your car but good luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this same problem finding a real exhaust system for my '19 A spec v6 but ended up first getting 2 mufflers and 1 resonator deleted and about a week ago I cut off the last resonator. The universal mufflers and Acura specific mufflers that I see floating around aren't as good for unleashing this V6's true character having both mufflers and both resonators deleted definitely comes with a drawback though. DRONE. I honestly don't mind it because it allows for some engine noise to enter the cabin however I always like hearing the engine especially when my windows are up on a rainy day. I would recommend going to a muffler shop and start with deleting the mufflers first. that shouldn't drone and then depending on how much more exhaust noise u want consider the resonators next. My 19 A spec has 2 mufflers and 2 resonators it might be different with your car but good luck!!
Thanks! That was really helpful, have you noticed if the drone goes away with having the AC and music on? Any basic idea on how much a muffler delete will cost me? No worries if not

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! That was really helpful, have you noticed if the drone goes away with having the AC and music on? Any basic idea on how much a muffler delete will cost me? No worries if not
I definitely do notice it but it's not like it sounds bad what so ever. I can still hear my music though, it doesn't drown it out but it's definitely not the quietest.
when I pulled up to my friend to show him he said it sounded like a GTR haha so it well makes up for it in my mind. My local muffler shop charged me 85$ per muffler/resonator (without tax) so around 400 is what I payed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely do notice it but it's not like it sounds bad what so ever. I can still hear my music though, it doesn't drown it out but it's definitely not the quietest.
when I pulled up to my friend to show him he said it sounded like a GTR haha so it well makes up for it in my mind. My local muffler shop charged me 85$ per muffler/resonator (without tax) so around 400 is what I payed.
Perfect, that's not bad at all, I'll have to look into it. Have a good one homie

·
Registered
19 Posts
I replaced my rear mufflers on my 2020 V6 ShAWD Advance with a set of MagaFlows and tips. Nice sound. About $500. Well spent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts