Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mode Explanation

OK I'm trying to wrap my ahead around what seems to be the same feature just under a different name... please clarify/confirm for me. For example:

The RDM and the LDW... both use the same button to turn on and off. Is the only different you can't have both in your car, one or the other depending on your package? One is just a warning while the other the car will provide some input to that same warning?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
OK I'm trying to wrap my ahead around what seems to be the same feature just under a different name... please clarify/confirm for me. For example:

The RDM and the LDW... both use the same button to turn on and off. Is the only different you can't have both in your car, one or the other depending on your package? One is just a warning while the other the car will provide some input to that same warning?
Sorry for asking if you already posted this but what model of the TLX do you have? This might help when coming up with an answer.

Maybe make a signature line with your model in it. Maybe even update you location as well.

From what I remember LDW works differently on an I4 than it does on a V6.

·
Registered
666 Posts

The Lane Departure Warning Indicator (LDW) and Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) are only available on the Advance (or Elite) models. Both activate the Lane Departure message on the multi-information display.

There is only one button for LDW and RDM, located just above the switches for the trunk and fuel filler flap. The LDW only beeps and flashes if you cross the lines while the RDM will flash and gently shake the steering if crossing a dotted line. RDM will also brake if crossing a solid line. These situation occur at over 45 mph and if you have not used the turn signal.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I have the Advanced package... so basically you must always have both active, can you just have the LDW only? Just curious. I don't think you can.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Both are on or off together, but in Setting the selections for RDM are Normal/Wide/Warning Only. With the latter there is no vibration of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Lane Departure Warning Indicator (LDW) and Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) are only available on the Advance (or Elite) models. Both activate the Lane Departure message on the multi-information display.

There is only one button for LDW and RDM, located just above the switches for the trunk and fuel filler flap. The LDW only beeps and flashes if you cross the lines while the RDM will flash and gently shake the steering if crossing a dotted line. RDM will also brake if crossing a solid line. These situation occur at over 45 mph and if you have not used the turn signal.
LDW is present in the tech packs too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts