Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my TLX in the shop for two straight months - no kidding. Acura customer relations isn't responsive but now I know why. They are all at the give away.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I've had my TLX in the shop for two straight months - no kidding. Acura customer relations isn't responsive but now I know why. They are all at the give away.
Welcome to the Forum! I see you made your first post.

Sorry to hear the bad news. I guess it is a transmission related issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My first trip back to the dealership was about the harsh shaft at 20 mph but was told its normal. No it's been in the body shop as a result of missed welds on the frame.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
My first trip back to the dealership was about the harsh shaft at 20 mph but was told its normal. No it's been in the body shop as a result of missed welds on the frame.
Wow! How did you find out you were missing welds? I didn't check to see if mine are missing. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My tlx had a creeking sound any time I made a turn so I took it in. Long story still going is that they've had it to the body shop twice. The first time it was 'torn down' from the outside and welds made that were missed at the factory. After being told it was fixed I went and picked it up only to return it after getting 10 miles down the road as it was still creeking. The second time they tore down from the inside and more welds made that were missed at the factory. I'm told its fixed again but I can pick it up until the tranny is inspected w the parking issue so my car has been in the shop 65+ consecutive days.

I understand things get missed but as a multi Acura owner for more than 20 years my biggest frustration and disappointment is not w the car but w Acura customer care. They have not stood behind there product whatsoever and there lack of communication is amazing extremely disappointing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.