Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not talking tranny issues, navi complaints or major problems. Or V6 power, ELS, or other good things either. Just minor things you really love or really hate.

Loves:
-Acura link sending addresses to the car
-Speed dial
-Deep cubby in the trunk
-Car remembers AC and IDS settings
-Remote start
-A simple touch unlocking
-All 4 windows one touch up/down

Hates:
-Txt and email voice isnt loud enough
-Idle stop settings are not saved like IDS
-Lane departure gas buttons are too close together (opened gas door on highway lol)

My loves outweight the hates lol.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I was in a rental for a week recently and realized that I really missed these features:

- Brake hold which makes driving so much more relaxing
- Remote opening windows and sunrooof with the remote
- The quiet smooth ride

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brake hold works awesome from a dig when running the wife in the Genesis.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I call the brake hold the drive thru button lol

The little likes:

Power folding mirrors
Lane keep assist
Power freaking everything
Seats are very comfortable. I had to work a hetic 16hr shift in the ER and the drive home was a dream.

Little dislikes:
Have to start the car to pop the sunroof or close it if you already closed the door.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Discovered a real minor hate. No grab handles on the doors. It can be a long reach to grab the door if its open all the way.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Little dislikes:
Have to start the car to pop the sunroof or close it if you already closed the door.
You don't have to start the car to close the windows or sunroof once you exit the vehicle. If you remove the physical key from the fob, insert it in the drivers door, turn to lock one and the turn a second time and hold.
This closes all windows and the roof.
You can open all windows and the roof with the quick vent option, you press the open button once, then press a second time and hold, all the windows and sunroof will open.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discovered a real minor hate. No grab handles on the doors. It can be a long reach to grab the door if its open all the way.
I agree with that. The way the grab handle is located on my wife's 2008 TL I can grab the door and close it without having to lean way out to get it. With my TLX I have to bring the door in close to me before I fasten the seat belt.:( Maybe for the 2016 models and beyond the engineers can do a retro and put the grab handle in an easier accessible location.>:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
You don't have to start the car to close the windows or sunroof once you exit the vehicle. If you remove the physical key from the fob, insert it in the drivers door, turn to lock one and the turn a second time and hold.
You can open all windows and the roof with the quick vent option, you press the open button once, then press a second time and hold, all the windows and sunroof will open.
i did not know you could do this!?!? open button on the fob or the door handle?? i need to try this tomorrow morning!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you want to open the windows and moonroof on the TLX completely you need to push the unlock button on the FOB a second time and hold it down for a couple of seconds. The longer you hold the button down the more your windows and moonroof will open. If you stop pressing too quickly you will only get them partially opened. My big concern with leaving the moonroof open is the possibility of a quickly formed shower or, even worse, angry birds. >:D

For those of us with remote start, if the climate control is set to automatic starting the car a couple of minutes before getting into does take the edge off of the heat that has built up in the passenger compartment under the hot sun.:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you want to open the windows and moonroof on the TLX completely you need to push the unlock button on the FOB a second time and hold it down for a couple of seconds. The longer you hold the button down the more your windows and moonroof will open. If you stop pressing too quickly you will only get them partially opened. My big concern with leaving the moonroof open is the possibility of a quickly formed shower or, even worse, angry birds. >:D

For those of us with remote start, if the climate control is set to automatic starting the car a couple of minutes before getting into does take the edge off of the heat that has built up in the passenger compartment under the hot sun.:D
Good points. A few things I didn't add to mine when I purchased that I'm beginning to regret a bit. Remote start is one. Just since the heat up of these summer months, I've noticed how really hot it gets inside and how long it takes to cool things off. My sunglasses are now kept in the console and not the overhead holder. And, I need to get the windows tinted. Been tossing that around for some time. Now's the time, me thinks. Where's the checkbook?!?!?!

·
Registered
979 Posts
you're right, i learned that my tsx did that when i had it, and i'm glad the TLX does it too.

but sometimes i like to leave just my sunroof popped open so the heat in the car doesn't get too hot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Loves

-exterior looks
-brake hold
-the chassis (handles great with good tires)
-the SHAWD (handles great, see above)
-the transmission from 3rd up
-great fuel economy
-the headlights
-the relative scarcity of TLX's in my area making it unique

Minor Hates
-fake woodgrain trim (TL faux carbon fiber was much better)
-idle stop (at least it can be turned off)
-the transmission from 2nd to 3rd shift sometimes is rough
-the OEM tires (upgraded to Michelin A/S 3's 4hrs after purchase)
-the dual screen infotainment vs logical buttons and 1 screen
-the placement of the rear view camera such that it gets dirty easy compared to TL

Biggest letdown going from 2013 TL to TLX
-the seats (clearly the TLX seats belong in the Accord and they need to go back to the TL seats - so much better with the deep bolsters)

·
Registered
8 Posts
No gas cap
Auto up/down all windows

Dislikes:
Plastic wood trim
Two screens
Spare tire not standard equipment

Overall:
I love the car and would buy again

·
Registered
42 Posts
LED headlights
Great sound system
Overall handling and ride quality
Safety features
Car driver memory preferences

Dislikes:
Reflections in driver's side mirror of interior trim!
No spare tire
OEM Goodyears (yuck)
Trunk release is too easy to release by accident
Nav traffic display is TOO hard to see.
Have to search for brake hold switch (on my MB all I need do is press harder on the brake pedal)
Braking is too soft.

Really wish we'd looked around more before leasing. Not a fan. Likes a previous TSX better.
Folding mirrors should be standard

·
Registered
7 Posts
We've had the car about 4 weeks now. Here are a few quick thoughts.

Very comfortable seats; headrests soft when they contact the back of your head
Memory feature for seats and mirrors (missed that on last vehicle)
IDS for different drive choices
Substantial storage under trunk floor
Really good fuel economy (avg. 6.6 L/100 km, or 35.6 mpg U.S.) on 2.4 Tech

Dislikes:
Sound system (ELS) good, but not great, and only CDs to HDD - that seems counterintuitive/silly
No digital speed readout (U.S. road trip coming up, and difficult to read mph on speedo)
Tech/screens not intuitive, esp. for other drivers - I'm getting there :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dislikes
No digital speed readout (U.S. road trip coming up, and difficult to read mph on speedo
A nice digital speedo app is available in the iTunes App Store.

Attachments

Reactions: gary325

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
A nice digital speedo app is available in the iTunes App Store.
I like your "Mine" speed limit. >:D
Can you share the name of this app? [Found it here] I have one that will display "Only" the speed and allows a "HUD" so you can place your phone on the dash and it will "project" on to the inside of the windscreen.

I too would like a digital speed read out (built in). I can see it as another screen in the MID (Multi-Information Display). As also mentioned on this forum, several info screens could be combined (all ODO/Trip info could be one screen). Not sure why Vehicle settings is even there. Who would use that screen vs. the ODMD (On Demand Multi-Use Display). Plus you need to be stopped to use the MID/Vehicle settings screen.

Is there a contact at Acura where these suggestions can be forwarded?
Generic email address?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, I'll take a look at that app (and thanks for the link, gary325). I agree that it seems a silly thing to have left out of the MID. My wife prefers a digital readout to the analog speedo at all times, and will miss that here. I also found it useful in other vehicles when wanting to know exactly what speed I was setting the cruise at.

Oh well, not the biggest deal in the world. One advantage of getting a little older is perspective, and realizing that we're really very spoiled in cars like this relative to decades past. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Overall, the 2015 is great in terms of comfort, performance, and fuel economy (either 4 or 6 cylinder). Having had both a 2012 TL FWD and 2014 TL SH-AWD, I have a perspective from the previous generation:

PLUSES:

1) Fuel economy is greatly improved. 8 or 9 speeds, start/stop (SH-AWD), and direct injection do the trick nicely.

2) PAWS for FWD enhances steer slightly.

3) QUIET!!! I immediately notice how much quieter it is in the TLX.

4) More of a touring vehicle compared to TL SH-AWD... great for long distance highway driving.

5) Lane departure/keeping assist is useful.

MINUSES:

1) I REALLY REALLY miss the seats from the 2014 TL SH-AWD. I find my left knee is always bumping into the hard plastic in the door of the 2015 TLX because the seat bolsters are not high enough. The TLX's seat are a bit flat, and they all get the same seats regardless FWD or SH-AWD.

2) Infortainment can be extremely slow at times!

3) Voice recognition does not work, even when speaking slowly and distinctly.

4) Brake Hold feature: this intermittently engages when I am at a slow coast or covering the brake lightly, then all the sudden there is an abrupt stop.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts