1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Super Moderator
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Monday, night I took the plunge and traded my A-Spec in for the Type-S and I feel like I’ve acquired my dream Acura.

I settled on Performance Red Pearl since it was a much less common color I see in my area so I had to snag it. While I wasn’t really keen on getting the High Performance Wheel and Tire package, it actually really compliments the car and the color!

Funny thing is this TLX-S came from another dealership the one I was looking at over the past weekend sold on Sunday and my sales rep and sales manager wasted no time finding the exact model elsewhere and did a dealer swap (DX) with the other dealer that had it so I could get the TLX-S in the color I had wanted.

Overall I’m happy with my TLX-S and it noticeably gets more attention than my A-Spec did.

I know @ijm5012 is excited Im part of the #PerformanceRedClub

@Elevatorguy @Richard6229 y’all ready for the DMV TLX Club meet this coming Spring?!

· Super Moderator
2021 TLX Type S, 355 hp, twin turbo, curb weight 4221 lbs a little heavy
189 Posts
View attachment 28207

View attachment 28208

View attachment 28209

Monday, night I took the plunge and traded my A-Spec in for the Type-S and I feel like I’ve acquired my dream Acura.

I settled on Performance Red Pearl since it was a much less common color I see in my area so I had to snag it. While I wasn’t really keen on getting the High Performance Wheel and Tire package, it actually really compliments the car and the color!

Funny thing is this TLX-S came from another dealership the one I was looking at over the past weekend sold on Sunday and my sales rep and sales manager wasted no time finding the exact model elsewhere and did a dealer swap (DX) with the other dealer that had it so I could get the TLX-S in the color I had wanted.

Overall I’m happy with my TLX-S and it noticeably gets more attention than my A-Spec did.

I know @ijm5012 is excited Im part of the #PerformanceRedClub

@Elevatorguy @Richard6229 y’all ready for the DMV TLX Club meet this coming Spring?!
I am ready, which month are you planning? I won't be in town from March till early May. Let me know the date so I can assure you that I will be there. Thank you.

· Registered
35 Posts
Welcome to the PRP gang! I love the color. Not so much now with all the salt on the roads, but come nicer weather where the car stays clean, it looks killer.

So your Type S was just one they had on the lot, you didn’t reserve it as it was being built? Did you pay MSRP, or were they still doing mark ups on them?

· Super Moderator
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the PRP gang! I love the color. Not so much now with all the salt on the roads, but come nicer weather where the car stays clean, it looks killer.

So your Type S was just one they had on the lot, you didn’t reserve it as it was being built? Did you pay MSRP, or were they still doing mark ups on them?
Mines was actually originally delivered to Chevy Chase Acura that’s who Pohanka DX’d the car from.

I didn’t reserve it as it was being built because at the time I told my salesman I wasn’t sure what color I wanted as I was in between Tiger Eye Pearl and Performance Red Pearl. I was looking for the non-performance wheel package Type-S, so they never made me put a $1k deposit because Pohanka didn’t know when they was getting one of those in at the time.

Nope it was a straight MSRP deal plus taxes, tags and fees

The only markup they had was on their Curva Red Type-S PMC Edition which was a 10k markup (funnily enough it got sold the night I bought my Type-S)
I also was a returning customer which may have played a part in it since I bought my A-Spec through them.
So as far as I know they’re not marking up their Type-S models no more.

· Registered
82 Posts
Every time I think of trading in my red A-Spec towards a gray Type-S, I see pics of other red TLXes and get happy about my car again.

(and I was thinking tonight about how I’ve seen my car in daylight maybe six hours total since getting it over two months ago!)

You guys keep me posted about a meetup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts