Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that summer is in full swing you need to know about the MAX AC setting. You need to touch the temperature setting NUMBER and you will get another screen, on that screen you touch MAX AC (or MAX Heat), when your nice and cool push the AUTO button to return to your normal setting. It may be common knowledge but my friend didn't know about it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This is a new one lol. I thought the TLX disnt have MAX ac haha.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Now that summer is in full swing you need to know about the MAX AC setting. You need to touch the temperature setting NUMBER and you will get another screen, on that screen you touch MAX AC (or MAX Heat), when your nice and cool push the AUTO button to return to your normal setting. It may be common knowledge but my friend didn't know about it.
Thanks Dan. Didn't know this.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Last weekend I figured out that, at first I was thinking like how could Honda forget to add MAX A/C its in their DNA lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
Even on these settings, is anyone underwhelmed by the A/C? Chilled air at vent exit doesn't seem to get chilly enough, even in Toronto...

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
It was 32 Celsius (89 farenheit) here in Ottawa today and I found with the car set on 22 it worked fine. It took a bit of time, maybe 5 minutes to initially cool the car off (I forgot to try MAX) but after that it was quite cool.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference would be then. I'll need to check out both to see if I can notice a difference. I had never seen LO select recirc which is why I suggested that.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Well I think the difference might be that left on LO vs auto, auto would slowly back off on fan speed, temp, recirc etc resulting in a slower "feeling" of cool in the cabin even though actual cabin temp is coming down vs. the LO. LO would feel cooler quicker as its holding LO regardless of cabin temp. Auto more efferent and accurate, LO more driver satisfaction I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,939 Posts
Well I think the difference might be that left on LO vs auto, auto would slowly back off on fan speed, temp, recirc etc resulting in a slower "feeling" of cool in the cabin even though actual cabin temp is coming down vs. the LO. LO would feel cooler quicker as its holding LO regardless of cabin temp. Auto more efferent and accurate, LO more driver satisfaction I guess.
That would make sense. That or in Lo, the fan doesn't go to high speed until the temperature is reached, or close to it, while in Max Air the fan blows full right from the start.

I'll need to check it out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Warning: joke ahead

Henry Ford gets a phone call from an excited trio of Jewish brothers who invite him to come and see their new invention. "It will change cars forever" they state. Henry meets them at a warehouse in July, and they take him inside where a lone Model A sedan is sitting. One of the brothers invites Henry to join him inside the car, and only after a few minutes, the inside of the car becomes hot and uncomfortable.

"Dang it man, show me your invention!" bellows Henry, so the guy starts the car and presses a button on the dashboard. Instantly, cool, dry air fills the interior, and a big smile comes over Henry's face. He realizes this is a great invention, so the talks begin. The brother starts off:

"We want $500,000 for the patent."
"No way" says Henry.
"Okay, how about $400,000 then?"
"Nope. Too expensive."
"Well, my final offer is $300,000, BUT, you have to include me and my brothers names on every car!"
Henry thinks for a moment, then agrees to the deal.

So, to this very day, you look on the dash of any Ford vehicle, and you'll see the names "HI, MAX and NORM."

:D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
801 Posts
Even on these settings, is anyone underwhelmed by the A/C? Chilled air at vent exit doesn't seem to get chilly enough, even in Toronto...
I think the AC works reasonably well. I'm in Phoenix and the temperature reached 116F today (Yes the outside temp, not the car cabin temp!). Real glad I opted for the remote start. I started the car about 4-5 minutes before getting in it and the cabin temperature was pretty comfortable once I got in.

My car's red with the light parchment interior. HAx5 - looks like yours is black with the ebony interior so it's bound to be hotter inside just because of that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts