Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever heard a sound like when airplanes put out their landing gear after shutting off their TLX? It sounds like it's coming from the back. I was in the garage running the engine for a few after my drive. I have a 19 V6 Tech package. I've heard this on two different occasions. Do you think it has something to do with the Adaptive Cruise? I was using it on my drive home. I don't always use it so it makes me wonder.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
OK, find a friend to crawl under the back of the car when it is making this noise. Watch out for the hot exhaust. See if he can locate where the noise is coming from. Take a flashlight.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, find a friend to crawl under the back of the car when it is making this noise. Watch out for the hot exhaust. See if he can locate where the noise is coming from. Take a flashlight.
Yeah true. I didn't hear it today. I'll need to use the ACC next time and see if I hear it again. If I do then it has something to do with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever heard a sound like when airplanes put out their landing gear after shutting off their TLX? It sounds like it's coming from the back. I was in the garage running the engine for a few after my drive. I have a 19 V6 Tech package. I've heard this on two different occasions. Do you think it has something to do with the Adaptive Cruise? I was using it on my drive home. I don't always use it so it makes me wonder. Thanks!
Hey I just walked into my garage and I could hear a noise like a small motor running underneath my car. I shut the car off hours ago.so I sat down and within 5 min or so it shut off..I’ve been looking around on the net and I seen a Toyota forum and they were saying that they heard the same thing same area they believe it has something to do with an Emissions test not sure if that’s the same for the TLX type s or not. My car is not making that noise anymore it just shut off that may be the answer to your question.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts