Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
21 TLX Advance. Anyway swap their lug nuts for black ones? I like the idea but Acura wants $314.00 for a set of them which seems insane. Does anyone now what the threads are or have a suggestion for an aftermarket set?

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
832 Posts
I also did not like the OEM chrome lug nuts. I found some black ones on ebay to replace them with. Because of where I drive, I also removed the Locking Lug Nut and replaced with a regular lug nut. I don't remember the size, but often there is a lug nut guide on ebay so that you get the right ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Can I replace them one at a time without jacking the car up? I would use a torque wrench but I've read different opinions on this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You will be fine, I did 3 at a time & it isn't going to hurt anything(as long as you're not going to drive on them).
I'm one of the suckers that bought the Acura ones...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, all. Is there any difference between the Acura ones and others? I would pay a little more for them but $314 vs. $20 is just crazy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for all the stupid questions but here is another one. Here is a picture from the Acura site of their $314 lug nuts:

Here is a picture from ebay from a set for $20 that they say will fit:

The ebay ones have a conical seat and the Acura ones are flat. Maybe these are stock photos and representative of the actual lug nuts? Does anyone know if the actual lug nuts are flat seat or conical? i guess I could remove one of mine but thought someone may know.

·
Registered
170 Posts
None of the online Acura parts websites have 2021 tlx parts updated yet! As I said pretty sure the 2020 and 2021 take the same lug nuts 12x1.25.
Call Acura dealer to verify!

·
Registered
16 Posts
2021 tlx has larger lug nuts, they are NOT the same as before. Before they were M12 now they are M14. I saw things online saying they were the same M12 x 1.5 and I learned the hard way today when I went to put my wheels on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
21 TLX Advance. Anyway swap their lug nuts for black ones? I like the idea but Acura wants $314.00 for a set of them which seems insane. Does anyone now what the threads are or have a suggestion for an aftermarket set?

Thanks,
I was looking for Lock Nuts and called McGuard. They informed me that the 2021 TLX uses M14x1.5 threads and the lock nuts are radial (bowl shaped) not conical (cone shape) and only available through Acura. So I do not know about regular lug nuts. Acura Lock nuts are $93 and McGuard Lock nuts are around $45 if they were available.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts