Acura TLX Forum banner

Lowest Price Paid for 2016 TLX 14 Base with Tech

15K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  hmbecker3 
#1 ·
I am trying to make a final decision between a 2016 Honda Accord EX-L (no tech) and Acura TLX 14 base with tech. I love the Acura but really have a great deal offered on the Accord. Just would like to know what everyone else paid for their TLX. I would also be open to a 2015 but want Silver with gray interior. This is the first vehicle I have purchased without a trade in and sort of in sticker shock. Lol! I am in TN but would be willing to travel to neighboring states for a great deal. Thanks!

#10 ·
Wow! That's a super price, never heard of such a low price on a new i4 with tech.

#12 ·
Got the car down to 32,000 here in WA. (incl. all the accessories already on it: mudguards, rubber mats, trunk mat/liner and factory carpet mats) before tax/licensing/yada-yada, all over the phone, walked in, signed paperwork and picked up the car a few days later when they took delivery.

#16 · (Edited)
Just bought a 2016 2.4, i4 w/Tech in North NJ.

My purchase price was $31,884 (including Destination fee) before tax, title, regi fees. But I also got a brand new Edmunds $1,500 rebate for financing through Acura. The rebate is post-Tax, so the tax was on the $31,884 purchase price less my trade-in value. The $1,500 Edmunds/Acura rebate came off the bottom line. Essentially, I paid $30,334 for it (plus 7% NJ sales tax on the net amount of 31,884 minus my trade-in) .

I used Edmunds Price Promise quotes I received as my starting point. My best Edmunds price guaranty was $32,084, which is $4602 below MSRP. One dealer took an additional $200 off that and the dealership from which I purchased matched that along with a $500 better trade in offer for my wife's 2011 Accord. So my purchase was $4802 below MSRP along with an additional $1500 rebate from Edmunds/Acura that was applied to bottom line.

Everyone should take advantage off this brand new Edmunds rebate thing (started July 5th I think). I'll make a separate thread about it. Saved me an additional $1,500!

#17 ·
Just bought I4 w/Tech

This forum is great and helped me in my negotiation.
I just purchased a 2016 Basque Red TLX 2.4L Tech.
$30,439 - Price of Car including all dealer fluff (wheel locks, trunk tray, etc)
It does not include dealer doc fee, taxes, registration.

I did finance and used that $1500 edmunds deal which is awesome. My financed OTD price including that edmunds rebate is $31933.

I felt this was a fair price. They wouldn't have sold it to me if they weren't making money. So it's a win-win.

#18 ·
This forum is great and helped me in my negotiation.
I just purchased a 2016 Basque Red TLX 2.4L Tech.
$30,439 - Price of Car including all dealer fluff (wheel locks, trunk tray, etc)
It does not include dealer doc fee, taxes, registration.

I did finance and used that $1500 edmunds deal which is awesome. My financed OTD price including that edmunds rebate is $31933.

I felt this was a fair price. They wouldn't have sold it to me if they weren't making money. So it's a win-win.
Excellent news. Congratulations on the new car. Welcome to the forum.

#22 · (Edited)
I started this thread and can now add my best price of $29,300 to it!! I was able to use Edmunds.com coupon of $1750, so that really helped. I also got them to throw in the spare tire kit, but had to buy the all-weather mats at $120 plus tax.

They rounded my drive out price off to $32,000. Tax rate here in TN is high at 9.25%.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.