Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some excellent work done in another forum, posted by Chan_Mike. These lowering springs are not drastic, and the result is great.

I, however, have no talent, nor do I belong, under a vehicle. Bad things would ensue. What is the best way to get these installed? Will an Acura dealer do it? A regular auto shop?

Thanks for any advice!

Wes

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Acura probably won't due to warranty issues. You could always ask though. If they won't any reputable garage should be able to.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would installing these void any part of my warranty?...

If so, I will pass.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
When I had my Civic Si, the dealer honored my warranty with the Eibach springs that they installed. Now with my Genesis, my Hyundai dealers hasnt given a rats a$$ about my mods.

Really, adding lowering springs may decrease the life of the struts and therefore the dealer may not cover their replacements if there is an issue. But, they cant really deny a warranty claim of the stereo or headlight or something not related to the to the modified part.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
For sure. They would have to prove the parts you added caused a fault. Like @MTD said, if something goes wrong in a completely different part of the car they would honour it. Anything touching suspension may be tough though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts