Acura TLX Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Update,
I heard back from HeelToe. Springs are still many months away. They are stuck in Japan.
I did order the BC coil over kit. I should have it in a week or so.
Does anyone know where I can purchase the by pass harness for the dynamic suspension?
The harness that will prevent the check engine lights to come on?
Can you here Dream Automotive

Or go to YT I seen someone bypass it on a Honda Civic

·
Registered
2022 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
24 Posts
Yes, they are available. Swift is sending me a set. I should have them today or tomorrow.
In exchange they will be using my car for pictures and other promotional items.
I should note, that my car is a TLX ADVANCE A SPEC SH-AWD.
The springs they made are for the Type S.
I did check at the dealership and the part number for the OEM's is the same for the AWD, but different for the front wheel drives.
When I install them, I will post up some pictures.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
By any chance does anyone know if these springs only work on the AWD TLX models, because I have a FWD. Thanks to street vision for the part number reference, but was wondering does that mean the springs for Type S will not fit on FWD cars.

·
Registered
2022 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
24 Posts
I did install the Swift springs on my TLX-SH-AWD

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

Since swift sent me the springs, here is what I wrote back to them.

Greetings Leonard,
I did install the springs on Friday. I am most happy and will be sure and spread the word among the few of us that are waiting.
The drop was a legit 1'' in the rear and 1-1/4'' in the front. The front looks great.
All the modes work even better than before. The comfort mode was useless, now it feels like the normal mode, normal feels like sport and sport feels like grip mode. It works so well as the anti sway is improved greatly.

I am pondering cutting off a 1/2 coil in the rear to bring it down, hopefully another half inch or thereabouts.

The original wheels on the TLX Advance A-spec SH-AWD are 19x8.5 with 255 40 19'' tires.
The aftermarket wheels are 20x9.5 and rear tires are 265 35 20, Fronts are 255 35 20

Thank you,
Javier

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
That looks amazing for an everyday driver it looks like the perfect compromise for lowering the car and still being able to drive comfortably for a daily driver. Are there any tips for install you have for people that are going to install these.

·
Registered
2022 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
24 Posts
Thank you.
Super easy install. Right now it is a totally daily driver ready ride. Super minimal scrapes in the front end. No tire rubs what so ever. I will be cutting off a half coil on the rear to bring the tire to the edge of the rear quarter fender. With the front, I am super happy. You can certainly feel the car closer to the ground and it is stiff enough to grab hold of the road. As a person who raced SCCA in ITA, ITB, ITS, GT4 and GT3, I am super picky about all this stuff.

The install is easy. I spent 4 hours doing it and I am 57 years old. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
So Leonard at Swift Spring were able to ship out the spring to you and have you install it?
He was going to used my car as a prototype last year but that means I have to leave my car there for them to do testing and also needed to do road test in 2 locations.
I really prefer the Swift Spring over my BC Coilover initially. Maybe I can ask Leonard to see if he can offer to do another vehicle test.

·
Registered
2022 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
24 Posts
He was very kind and very nice.
It does not hurt to ask. I have the BC coil over kit as well, but it is going on the shelf. I see no reason in the world to give up my DAS.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hey anyone have any advice on getting that front strut out of the fork I did one side it came out but it was a pain, I am going to do passenger side today.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
So I got it hopefully this helps out members who install this in the future, for the passenger side I took out sway bar link that way I got enough room to twist strut to get it out of fork.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts