Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my tlx at the end of the month, very excited coming from a 10th gen accord sport. My accord was lowered on eibachs and I was very satisfied with the look and ride quality. Does anyone have any info on when lowering springs will be out for this car. I know the bc coilovers are out but I dont really wanna go the coilover route.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
196 Posts
I am picking up my tlx at the end of the month, very excited coming from a 10th gen accord sport. My accord was lowered on eibachs and I was very satisfied with the look and ride quality. Does anyone have any info on when lowering springs will be out for this car. I know the bc coilovers are out but I dont really wanna go the coilover route.
Lowering the TLX seems insane to me. The car is really low already with only 5.8" of ground clearance. I've had a couple scrapes on the front end already without modification. I can't imagine getting in and out of some older parking lots if it's lowered.

·
Registered
2021 SH-AWD Advance
29 Posts
I don't have much helpful info to contribute, other than to remind you that the TLX market is a small fraction of the size of the Accord market, so aftermarket accessories are not nearly as plentiful nor quick to hit the market.
Lowering the TLX seems insane to me. The car is really low already with only 5.8" of ground clearance. I've had a couple scrapes on the front end already without modification. I can't imagine getting in and out of some older parking lots if it's lowered.
It's no worse than lowering his 10th Gen Accord. For some people, the aesthetic and/or handling benefits are worth the inconvenience and risk of damage. To each his/her own.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I contacted Eibach and Swift Spring and ETA is about 4-5 months due to production issue. From what I know they did a test fit on Eibach. Tein just did a test fit. ETA 4-5 months as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats good news, I live New York so hopefully by next spring they will be out. And yes the handling is much better with the springs, and also in my opinion it looks so much better.

·
Registered
2015 Midnight Blue 2.4L
4 Posts
I got some H&R lowering springs. they make the car look way better and the handling feels more "firm". The ride is not too harsh and i rarely have problems with ground clearance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
2021 and Up springs are not out yet.

Eibach ETA - 3-4 months
Swift Spring 4-5 months
HR Spring no ETA
Tein 4-5 months
RSR no ETA

Only available currently is BC Coilover and they are made to order

1 - 15 of 15 Posts