Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I bought my 2015 Acura TLX V6 SHAWD Tech about a month ago, and so far I am loving every second of it. I previously had a 2013 Acura ILX 6MT and, though I loved that car, the TLX is a huge upgrade to say the least. I do miss the 6 speed, as every car I've ever owned has been a manual, but the 9AT in the TLX has been great so far - even getting 36MPG on a trip to Toronto!
I have a question about phone compatibility if anyone has any info. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and the phone portion, BTA etc work fine, but I don't have the text function working. This worked on my ILX. On the Acura.ca website, they do not have a list of compatible phones that work with the TLX - every other Acura model is listed but the TLX lol. Just curious, as I really liked this feature on my ILX.
Also, my rain sensing wipers don't seem to be working, which is unfortunate as this replaces the intermittent feature, so it's either mist or fast.
Looking forward to another great Acura ownership experience - this will be my 3rd brand new Acura and my 4th overall. And I'm only 32 LOL.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome aboard from Northern California! Three new Acuras by age 32? Thank goodness you haven't experienced the many subpar vehicles from yesteryear...

Reactions: mac_powah

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hey everyone!

I bought my 2015 Acura TLX V6 SHAWD Tech about a month ago, and so far I am loving every second of it. I previously had a 2013 Acura ILX 6MT and, though I loved that car, the TLX is a huge upgrade to say the least. I do miss the 6 speed, as every car I've ever owned has been a manual, but the 9AT in the TLX has been great so far - even getting 36MPG on a trip to Toronto!
I have a question about phone compatibility if anyone has any info. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and the phone portion, BTA etc work fine, but I don't have the text function working. This worked on my ILX. On the Acura.ca website, they do not have a list of compatible phones that work with the TLX - every other Acura model is listed but the TLX lol. Just curious, as I really liked this feature on my ILX.
Also, my rain sensing wipers don't seem to be working, which is unfortunate as this replaces the intermittent feature, so it's either mist or fast.
Looking forward to another great Acura ownership experience - this will be my 3rd brand new Acura and my 4th overall. And I'm only 32 LOL.
Thanks all!
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post and glad you are feeling the love.

I have the Galaxy S4 with KitKat first and now Lollipop. KitKat worked in text from day one, as does Lollipo today. After the ELS update (and Lollipop), I can also read email but decided to stay with Text. Replies work as well.

If you get a chance use search to find other information on this issue.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post and glad you are feeling the love.

I have the Galaxy S4 with KitKat first and now Lollipop. KitKat worked in text from day one, as does Lollipo today. After the ELS update (and Lollipop), I can also read email but decided to stay with Text. Replies work as well.

If you get a chance use search to find other information on this issue.
how are you liking loli on the S4, I still haven't updated...I don't mind Kitkat or TouchWhizTBH...

Oh and welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow, Acura fan boy. :p

Welcome to the forum and post up some pictures of your TLX if you get the chance.

Too bad about the wipers. Have you asked your dealer about it?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
how are you liking loli on the S4, I still haven't updated...I don't mind Kitkat or TouchWhizTBH...
KitKat is fine. Lollipop feels a bit leaner. Seems 5.0.1 has options that the S5 came with. No issues. Some got 5.2. Not sure of differences.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, Summest..
That update actually worked and I can now receive and reply to texts! I would have never thought to do this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, Acura fan boy. :p

Welcome to the forum and post up some pictures of your TLX if you get the chance.

Too bad about the wipers. Have you asked your dealer about it?

No not yet as the nearest Acura dealer is about 2 hours away. I will do it when I get my first oil change.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Go into the BT settings of your phone and make sure the notifications is turned on. You also have enable it in the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SO I am having the sensor for the rain sensing wipers replaced under warranty on July 14th during my first oil change. I am also having the car detailed, as I was in a rush when buying it so it never happened prior to delivery of the car.
I didn't go earlier as I live 2 hours away from the closest Acura dealer and I drive a LOT for my job and use my Accord for such duties. SHAWDy has stayed local for quite some time.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the TLX... I hope to get same model as you soon... your report is very good to hear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts