Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Acura team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2020 acura tlx, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Acura, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $19,500 and it has 19400 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel
Tire Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

·
Super Moderator
879 Posts
As with purchasing any car, obtaining a CarFax and having a mechanic with you is very important; especially a vehicle with a salvage title. I woudl strongly suggest you take the vehicle into an Acura dealer to have them inspect the repaired damage. Too often a body shop will try and make the quick profit by not fixing all the damage or putting it back together sloppy. It would be much better is you know who repaired it and spoke with them. Was it in a wreck? Water Damage? Fire Damage? Each type of damage has its own issues. NOTE: please don't post pictures with license plate numbers.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
323 Posts
Hey Acura team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2020 acura tlx, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Acura, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection day:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $19,500 and it has 19400 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?

If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Unless you really know a lot about cars, a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) is always a good idea. Depending on who is selling it, you should ask to see if there are pictures of the damage that totaled the car to give you a better feel for how much work was done. I don't know if 2020 had any recalls, but I'd check that. If there was any damage that might impact alignment, ask for proof that it has been checked/corrected.

Both of my kids are driving 2013 Hyundai Sonatas with salvage titles. Both cars have been great......but, I didn't get a PPI and I found out after a couple months that the company that had restored my daughter's car had not replaced parts that were damaged in the accident. I ended up ripping off the entire car in front of the front wheels and replacing several key components (structural connecting pieces, radiator, shielding plates and such). Fortunately, it wasn't that expensive since I did it myself. They also removed screws from the rear bumper to reattach the front bumper instead of buying new screws. The car itself has been great, but I've spent a little over $1000 fixing crap that they did poorly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts