Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have 2019 TLX A-Spec V6 FWD. I’m looking for a exhaust system for this car to make some noise. Any tips?

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
One possibility would be, is to drive over to a Midas Muffler Shop or similar and get an estimate for some glasspacks or whatever sound you like and have them install them. But consider the below:

NOTE ONE: An engine needs a certain amount of backpressure. The factory exhaust is designed for optimal backpressure along with noise reduction. When you start tampering with the exhaust you can start a chain reaction with other components. Should you have an engine malfunction and expect warranty to cover it; will you be able to argue with the dealer why your tampering with the exhaust didn't cause the problem? Are you prepared to pay for major engine repairs because you like a louder exhaust sound?

NOTE TWO: Having done this on a few cars in my youth, yes it was fun, for a while. After a period of time, you will stop enjoying the louder rumble and it will become annoying. Long trips will turn into a mototone headache, you will need to turn up the radio to drown out the exhaust, and people will think you have an exhaust problem, not a hot rod.

Bottomline is: it is your car and you can do whatever you want with it. Just know the consequences and you've been warned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts