Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Here is a LKAS Test Drive....during the test drive a light in the dash starts flashing (1:20) telling this guy to provide steering input, which he does. What happens if he does not grab the steering wheel and provide some sort of input?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxFAxU-tj4Q
Wow! That is neat. I thought it might be like that at first, but thought it was too futuristic. Neat.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well did you see the video of the guy who was driving the Lexus and just let the lane assist take over and didn't put his hands on the wheel for a few minutes?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
That is a really good demo of the technology. Thanks for sharing the video.

I was wondering the same. What he if didn't provide the steering? Someone is going to have to try this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Absolutely. The same with the backup camera. I still look over both shoulders and through the back windows. Technology is a great addition but hasn't replaced the driver.......yet

·
Registered
430 Posts
Absolutely. The same with the backup camera. I still look over both shoulders and through the back windows. Technology is a great addition but hasn't replaced the driver.......yet

don't say that too loudly, you might offend someone, maybe even violate a right or two ;)

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Haha. Yeah I know. It just seems that the more advanced technology that's coming out is going to make people more lazy and unaware of what's going on around them...... Even though it's supposed to make things easier I'm thinking it may cause more accidents.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Validated the experience in the video

Tried LKAS yesterday. It was eerie but cool. It even went around corners on the turnpike. You can leave your hands off for 15 seconds only but it is still cool. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.