Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pleaae help! I have a 2015 TLX SH-AWD with 44k miles and the LKAS problem light, the Lane Departure Warning problem light, and the Forward Collision Warning Problem light all came on.
History: Last Friday I parked facing the sun, roughly 90 degrees out with 80% humidity for about 5 hours. When I got in to drive home the problem lights all came on. I drove home with no issues, no pulling, Limp Mode, or governor. I parked the car all day Saturday and half of Sunday. I drove Sunday afternoon, just around the block as a test and the lights did not come on at all. I got in this morning (Monday) and the lights are all on again!
My initial research said that it was likely due to overheating the sensors. But if that were the case I don’t think the lights would’ve come back on after sitting cool all night. The second most likely was damage to the front end or the cameras. There is no damage that I can find. I also looked through the fuse boxes and I can’t find a blown fuse. I know I’ll probably end up taking it to the dealership, but I would like to troubleshoot as much as possible on my own before I do that.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
If I remember right, the only time that would happen to me is when I would shut the car off without switching to Park first. Every time I would do that, all kinds of warnings would come on the next time I started the car. I have a post here somewhere about that. Other than that, a trip to the dealer may be the best option. Have you replaced the battery yet? It seems to cause some strange things when it starts to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. I don’t remember shifting prior to stopping, but I suppose it’s possible. I will have the battery tested ASAP. I’ve had the car over a year and haven’t replaced it.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
This all ties into the cameras/radar in the grill and the cameras near the rear view mirror area mounted high in the center of the windscreen. Was there any work with the grill (beak removal?) How about the sensor area of the windscreen (p351 in the Owner's Manual). Here is a warning about Camera temperature
If the Some Driver Assist Systems Cannot Operate: Camera Temperature Too High message appears:
• Use the climate control system to cool down the interior and, if necessary, also use defroster mode with the air flow directed towards the camera.
• Start driving the vehicle to lower the windshield temperature, which cools down the area around the camera.
Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t had any work done. Do you know where the camera in the bumper is?? I checked the windshield and it appears fine interior and exterior.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
The camera is mounted at the top of the front windshield.

·
Super Moderator
841 Posts
This all ties into the cameras/radar in the grill and the cameras near the rear view mirror area mounted high in the center of the windscreen. Was there any work with the grill (beak removal?) How about the sensor area of the windscreen (p351 in the Owner's Manual). Here is a warning about Camera temperature

Let us know what you find out.
I doubt it's because the camera got too hot, he quoted a temperature of 90 degrees. I don't typically get that "too hot to function" warning until the outside (yes I said outside) temperature gets 110F or more.

Reactions: andre12dbsi

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
Do you know where the camera in the bumper is??
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low Speed Follow (LSF) (p352 in the Owner's Manual) mentions the Camera behind the rearview mirror and the radar sensor is in the front grille.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The camera in the windshield appears fine. I haven’t been able to look too much into the radar sensor in the bumper yet.
I contacted the dealership, but they have not gotten back to me. Maybe due to COVID.?
I got in this morning and all the lights were gone. After stopping and restarting a short while later, all the lights came back on. So I’ve ruled out heat, it was about 65 over night.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
Any animals been munching on the harness? Good luck with this issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an older post, but I recently ran into this problem. Sometimes I would get a few lights that turn on and sometimes, the lights for everything would turn on (transmission, high beams, blind spot assist, etc). Sometimes I would start the car and it would be fine and then the lights will pop up after a few minutes of driving or would be normal. Like you, I thought it was the heat as well since I live in Las Vegas, but the problem occurred even on cooler days. Took the car to the dealership and my guy there ran some tests and said that the front radar behind the emblem was malfunctioning and that it would need to be replaced. I had it replaced yesterday and the car seems to be happy now.

Reactions: Jim_Boot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the reply! I’ve been trying to trouble shoot this for a while now. It doesn’t effect daily driving or performance, plus with Covid I barely drive any more, so I’ve been ok taking my time on it. Do you know if that is a simple part swap?? Or is it something a dealership would have to do?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for the reply! I’ve been trying to trouble shoot this for a while now. It doesn’t effect daily driving or performance, plus with Covid I barely drive any more, so I’ve been ok taking my time on it. Do you know if that is a simple part swap?? Or is it something a dealership would have to do?
For my problem, they swapped out the radar system behind the emblem (2018 A-Spec Tech) that was causing the issue and now it's gone. I'm sure that it will require recalibration after the install so I guess it has to be done at a dealership? I had mine done under warranty so I don't know how much the cost was total.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pleaae help! I have a 2015 TLX SH-AWD with 44k miles and the LKAS problem light, the Lane Departure Warning problem light, and the Forward Collision Warning Problem light all came on.
History: Last Friday I parked facing the sun, roughly 90 degrees out with 80% humidity for about 5 hours. When I got in to drive home the problem lights all came on. I drove home with no issues, no pulling, Limp Mode, or governor. I parked the car all day Saturday and half of Sunday. I drove Sunday afternoon, just around the block as a test and the lights did not come on at all. I got in this morning (Monday) and the lights are all on again!
My initial research said that it was likely due to overheating the sensors. But if that were the case I don’t think the lights would’ve come back on after sitting cool all night. The second most likely was damage to the front end or the cameras. There is no damage that I can find. I also looked through the fuse boxes and I can’t find a blown fuse. I know I’ll probably end up taking it to the dealership, but I would like to troubleshoot as much as possible on my own before I do that.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Can you update me on what you find?? This just started happening to my 2015 Acura TLX, and I have no idea what’s going on. I recently got my car fixed due to an unrelated issue, and the person at the auto shop suggested that it might have to do with the multi-purpose camera. I’m so confused..

·
Super Moderator
841 Posts
Can you update me on what you find?? This just started happening to my 2015 Acura TLX, and I have no idea what’s going on. I recently got my car fixed due to an unrelated issue, and the person at the auto shop suggested that it might have to do with the multi-purpose camera. I’m so confused..
Welcome to the forum. Looks like from the other replies in this discussion thread that it might be related to the radar sensor in the front grille. I'd have the dealer check it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts