Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so basically, i've had these calipers with the plans to put them on my RSX; then i planned to put them on my TSX....so now they are going on my TLX haha they've been sitting on my table in the man cave forever now so i have to do something with them.

they are brembo calipers from the TL type S. i had them rebuilt with all new seals, i stripped them and had them re powder coated a fresh gloss black, and new Acura decals too.

i have a friend with a custom fab shop, he's going to make me a custom bracket so that the caliper will fit properly and center on the stock rotor, and also will be able to clear the oem 17" rims or with a 5-10mm spacer at most. (i'm not changing my calipers out for winter)

so if i can get this to work, would anyone be interested if i make a few sets of the bracket? i'll update this thread as things progress. I'm aiming to get them on when i have to change brake pads.

the caliper:

it should be a nice upgrade both performance wise and visually.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like where this is going. I would be interested, but I would have to source some of those calipers first. Do you know if the stock rotors are large enough in diameter to work properly with those?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i think they should be large enough. the RSX type R uses brembos, and the TL rotor is the same size as the s2k rotor, so i would imagine that the TLX two piece rotor might work out just right; but once we get the car in and center the caliper on the rotor to make the bracket we will see.

I hate looking over at bmw's with those nice M calipers and the audi's with brembos too. only thing the TLX is missing imo.

·
Registered
681 Posts
loved my brembos on TL-S...but wouldnt have a clue how to do something like this!

·
Registered
68 Posts
i think they should be large enough. the RSX type R uses brembos, and the TL rotor is the same size as the s2k rotor, so i would imagine that the TLX two piece rotor might work out just right; but once we get the car in and center the caliper on the rotor to make the bracket we will see.

I hate looking over at bmw's with those nice M calipers and the audi's with brembos too. only thing the TLX is missing imo.
I wish they came with them, or at least offered it as a package, I would have gotten it. I found some used calipers for around 500, I didn't want to buy them until I knew if they worked or not. I would still have to get them repainted and possibly rebuilt with new seals and what not.

Hopefully it works and I can get on some caliper goodness. I considered painting my stock calipers but decided against it. I could put that money towards better brakes. Let me know how it goes!:D

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i will for sure! right now the shop is a little busy with summer/race season but they should have some time soon. i'll keep you updated!

i surprised they didn't atelast put the ACURA covers on like the RDX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts