Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20141019_142649.jpg

its perfectly vertical so it's not a crack. but i find the line to be somewhat distracting when looking at the mirror

my guess is that it's the defroster, but the odd thing is that the passenger side mirror does NOT have that line

anybody know what this is?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
View attachment 698

its perfectly vertical so it's not a crack. but i find the line to be somewhat distracting when looking at the mirror

my guess is that it's the defroster, but the odd thing is that the passenger side mirror does NOT have that line

anybody know what this is?
I think it is described in the manual somewhere, but it separates the two mirrors. To the left of the line the reflection seems distorted like it magnifies distant objects while to the right of the line, it is a regular 1:1 mirror.

I am tired. Wish I could describe it better. It's past my bed time on the east coast.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh so it has a similar effect of putting those little circular convex blind spot mirrors?

i wonder why they dont have it on the passenger side mirror.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
It doesn't bother me, but that image on that mirror bothers the heck out of my wife.

She's also noticed there's the reflection from the alum side air vent. I wasn't noticing it before, but now that she's mentioned it, I can't stop looking at it.

Guess now you guys can't stop looking for it now that I've told you.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh i notice the reflection too but what can you do besides getting your windows tinted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yup, noticed that reflection from the get go, very weird. But I love the extra magnification on the driver mirror.

·
Registered
80 Posts
oh so it has a similar effect of putting those little circular convex blind spot mirrors?

i wonder why they dont have it on the passenger side mirror.....
The reason is that the complete mirror on the passenger is convex while the driver mirror is straight up to that vertical line you refer to and convex thereafter to reduce your blind spot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.