Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Acura TLX, Fathom Blue, Tech pack.
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 TLX has the technology package only. It has been brought to my attention that my car has the remote start feature built in, apparently they all do. Its just not activated, nor do I have the remotes with the option on it. I was told I need new remotes, that have the remote start button, and to have the dealership turn it on. Any truth to this? Really don't want to put aftermarket on it.

Thanks guys!

·
Super Moderator
845 Posts
I do believe that "parts" of the remote start are built-in, but a module is required that is located under the rear seat.
Look at this discussion:

·
Registered
2020 TLX A-Spec, Performance Red Pearl with Ebony, 2017 Acura TLX, Lunar Silver with Ebony
5 Posts
My 2016 TLX has the technology package only. It has been brought to my attention that my car has the remote start feature built in, apparently they all do. Its just not activated, nor do I have the remotes with the option on it. I was told I need new remotes, that have the remote start button, and to have the dealership turn it on. Any truth to this? Really don't want to put aftermarket on it.

Thanks guys!
You are getting some bad information sir. Everything you were told is incorrect. The remote start is a dealer installed option not factory installed in a 2016 TLX Tech. You do get two new keys fobs with purchase so you end up with four key fobs total (two with the remote start and the two original).

·
Super Moderator
845 Posts
It seems there is disconnect in information:
This seems like you cannot install it:
You are getting some bad information sir. Everything you were told is incorrect. The remote start is a dealer installed option not factory installed in a 2016 TLX Tech. You do get two new keys fobs with purchase so you end up with four key fobs total (two with the remote start and the two original).
Where as this takes you to the install thread where members have installed the Remote start module (and got it to work),
The link above doesn't work for me. Here's another link for the installation instructions.

https://www.acurapartssuperstore.com/v/Acura Installation Instructions/2016-acura-tlx-remote-engine-starter.PDF
So I guess your mileage may vary!

Reactions: andre12dbsi

·
Registered
2020 TLX A-Spec, Performance Red Pearl with Ebony, 2017 Acura TLX, Lunar Silver with Ebony
5 Posts
It seems there is disconnect in information:
This seems like you cannot install it:

Where as this takes you to the install thread where members have installed the Remote start module (and got it to work),

So I guess your mileage may vary!
Gary, I think Hoppy's original point is that the TLX comes from the factory with remote start installed which it does not. It is a dealer installed accessory. I did not say it could not be installed..LOL. Your second link to the install directions even clearly states at the top of the instruction page Remote Star- Acura Accessory.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
The Canadian Tech package comes from the factory with the remote start installed. Just wanted to point that out for the Canadian owners.

·
Super Moderator
845 Posts
The Canadian Tech package comes from the factory with the remote start installed. Just wanted to point that out for the Canadian owners.
You Canadians get all the goodies!

Reactions: andre12dbsi
1 - 7 of 7 Posts