Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve searched and found enough information to determine that there’s no way to replace the turn signal flasher (right?), so that leaves installing resistors if.LED bulbs are installed in the turn signal sockets. Both the 7440 and PW24W appear to be 25-watt bulbs, so a 6-ohm resistor should mimic it. However, if a higher*value. Resistor can be used and still eliminate the hyper-flash, I’d like to do that. Has anyone experimented with the 10- and 15-ohm resisters that are out there?

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
I take it you are trying to replace the non-LED turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs? There are repalcement LED bulbs on eBay for under $15 per pair.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I intend to install LED bulbs in place of the OEM incandescent ones. This typically results in "hyperflashing," which is resolved by changing the stock thermal flasher module to an electronic one, or, if this isn't possible (which I believe is the case with the TLX), installation of resistors across each bulb to mimic the load of the incandescent bulb.

I believe resistors are necessary in our case, and I want to use the highest value that with result in normal flashing. This will give the lowest current, and the least heat generated.

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
Let us know what you end up with.
FWIW: I have no idea what resistance value you should use!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts