Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those not getting the ELTE/ADVANCE package, do you think it's worth adding it?

one dealer quoted me at $725CAD + tax = $820CAD for parts and installation

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
for those not getting the ELTE/ADVANCE package, do you think it's worth adding it?

<opinion>

If you are getting the fog lights for appearance sake, then price is open.

If you are getting them for better illumination, you might not get what you want.

I read reviews and most say that the jewel-eye LEDs provide very good illumination. Most people that get the fog lights say they got them for looks.

</opinion>

BTW, dealer installation in the US was around $300USD.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dealer quoted me $190CAD+tax for the labor itself if i provide them with OEM parts

making the parts+labor price mentioned above more attractive. since it looks like the OEM parts itself are going for $500USD anyways on ebay

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you more interested in the look or the actual lighting? Like @Summest said it would be worth it for the looks but it really isn't the biggest improvement for lighting. I say go for it if you have the extra cash laying around.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Since you're in toronto you might want to contact SK Performance, he's known for automotive lighting and is one of the best in the GTA and beyond (going off of what guys in toronto have been telling me)

·
Registered
80 Posts

This sounds right; it probably takes a couple of hours to install. But as everyone says they are for looks...very little else. I got them installed on mine but I knew it wold not improve the very good jeweled eyes system that came with the TLX

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Since you're in toronto you might want to contact SK Performance, he's known for automotive lighting and is one of the best in the GTA and beyond (going off of what guys in toronto have been telling me)
you think they can do it for cheaper? also, looks like they only do aftermarket ones. i prefer oem ones to avoid problems down the road

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got them on my Tech 4...look great....don't help at all with illumination...strictly for appearance..
the Jewel eyes are so good they don't need help!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree with the previous posts, if you are looking for extra light they barely make a difference on the TLX but I can pretend I have a higher trim level with the fog lights ;-) Unlike the 2004 CR-V that we bought new that my son now drives, the dealer accessory fog lights on that do a nice job of filling the gap between the front of the car and the near point of where the low beam pattern starts - a big difference on that car.

·
Registered
26 Posts

I went through the same issue when I bought my TLX in August. I like the look and function of Fog Lights but the cost was just not realistic. I opted not to get them. I've been checking for the price on ebay and I can get them for about $450 to $500. Still a bit expensive. I'll wait until the prices come down and even then I might just forget it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went through the same issue when I bought my TLX in August. I like the look and function of Fog Lights but the cost was just not realistic. I opted not to get them. I've been checking for the price on ebay and I can get them for about $450 to $500. Still a bit expensive. I'll wait until the prices come down and even then I might just forget it.
dont forget that labor is extra.

and not sure if prices will go down at all in the future, especially if the same OEM parts will be used in future TLX models

·
Registered
22 Posts
dont forget that labor is extra.

and not sure if prices will go down at all in the future, especially if the same OEM parts will be used in future TLX models
Or wait a while for the aftermarket lights to be available. I've thought of it too, was gonna install it myself since no drilling involved. Everything seemed to just unscrew and pop it out of the clips.

But the jewel eyes are so bright and wide, I decided I don't need for lights. But then if there's a cool aftermarket lights, I might rethink it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts