Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi would like some advice if I should go with an oem or aftermarket for my 2016 tlx sh-awd? If aftermarket any recommendations? Kinda whack that it doesn’t come with any but whatevs haha I greatly appreciate your advice! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Oh and a heads up... they are purely cosmetic.... with the main LED headlights you really do not have any "additional" light to improve your vision. Of course the more light up front the easier it will be for others to see you.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
And expect about a $3000.00 price.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Fog lamps are only useful when driving less than 15 MPH. Any faster and the illuminated area is gone before you drive over it.
Personally, I detest fog lamps. They are NOT aimed and can be very distracting to oncoming traffic.
With the onset of LED and other high tech head lamps, the usfulness of fog lamps is negligible (at any speed above 15 MPH).
Save the money and fill up with lead free high test gasoline every other fill-up!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Ah any light in the front of the car can be an issue if not aimed correctly. We have to assume anything he installs, esp. OEM will be aimed correctly and not an issue for on coming traffic.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Fog lights are better on some vehicles. They definitely light up the shoulder more than the normal head lights....in my experience at least.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It depends on what you are looking for... I purchased the oem kit for my 2015 TLX. I wanted the stock setup in my car and not have to run new wires and a switch that will never really match. The kit comes with everything and it was fairly easy to install. Once the front bumper comes off everything you need is right there and changing the switch by the steering wheel was also simple. If you are looking for strong light output you will not be happy with stock. If you are looking for a clean install and stock look and feel then OEM is the way to go... Hope this helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input fellas! I’m gonna go with the oem since I want to keep the original look plus I live in California and don’t need it that bright! Cosmetic purposes only I guess haha!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the OEM LED Accessory fog lights on my 2017, and I'm pleased with them. Got the kit from ebay and used pdf instructions from online. For me it was a no-brainer going with OEM, as they are basically "plug and play." The wiring to and from the fuse box is already there, making them easy to install. Probably going to do my wife's RDX as well.

IMG_0140.jpg
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0137.jpg
IMG_0135.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts