Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking at the light bulb specifications for the TLX I see that the turn signals bulbs and backup bulbs are halogen (while all the other outside bulbs are LED).

Has anyone looked at converting these halogen bulbs to brighter LED bulbs? It looks like LED bulbs are available and the only other modification would be to replace the stock flasher to a LED flasher (to add load to the circuit so that the lights will flash).

I have not taken delivery of my TLX yet, but when I do I think that this might be a very good upgrade.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is it possible to simply replace the halogens with LEDs? Isn't the plug for the light bulb different? Wouldn't that have to be switched as well?

·
Registered
317 Posts
there's a guy i heard of in canada that is really good for this stuff, his company is called SK Performance, known to be one of the best for vehicle lighting.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If the plugs are the same than I can't see why this wouldn't be possible. In fact, it seems like it should be pretty easy if you can figure out how to remove the outer part of the light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts