Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
hrm, i'll try the swissvax. they have good stuff.
Does anybody here use the Acura recommended method of mild soap (I used glycerine soap) and water followed by a through wipe down and drying with microfiber cloth? If so, do you use a leather conditioner or a sealant afterwards ? I feel like I should use one, but I read online that a conditioner is not necessary for coated leather seats.

My car is new and I dont plan on doing this for the whole car. It is just for the hand rest, which has been getting a little sticky.

Thanks
J

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Does anybody here use the Acura recommended method of mild soap (I used glycerine soap) and water followed by a through wipe down and drying with microfiber cloth? If so, do you use a leather conditioner or a sealant afterwards ? I feel like I should use one, but I read online that a conditioner is not necessary for coated leather seats.

My car is new and I dont plan on doing this for the whole car. It is just for the hand rest, which has been getting a little sticky.

Thanks
J
I've been using this method only because in previous vehicles I found any product to be greasy. I haven't noticed any issues...although the car is only a year or so old.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've been using this method only because in previous vehicles I found any product to be greasy. I haven't noticed any issues...although the car is only a year or so old.
Thanks Andre! Do you use a leather conditioner afterwards ?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are a lot of different products but in general you want to find a gentle, PH-balanced cleaner and a conditioner that protects but doesn't leave a greasy residue. Personally, I use Sonus Cleaner and Sonus Conditioner. The cleaner gently dissolves anything I've thrown at it and the conditioner smells good and doesn't leave any residue. I use it on my car and my leather couches from Pottery Barn and I couldn't be happier with how gentle/protective it is.

General tips: the things that will damage leather the most are acids (coffee, soda) or oils like the ones on your skin--and especially some of the ingredients in sunscreen. It's OK to clean and condition every 6 months to achieve "perfect" leather but make sure you clean up fresh spills and spot-treat areas with greater use (ex: if you always rest your elbow in one spot, give it at least a gentle cleaning every month).

·
Registered
18 Posts
As @Flexin5 has said, I find a lot of the leather products to be greasy. Are there some less greasy than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sonus Leather Conditioner gives you a protective layer that isn't greasy. Modern leather has a semi-permanent protective layer on top so any "penetrating" cleaner is just going to sit on the surface and end up on your clothes. What's good for shoes or a handbag isn't necessarily good for a modern car's interior.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts